Author Topic: 6S1108 - on Ebay  (Read 9567 times)

427hunter

• SAAC Member
  • Caretaker of 1969 gt500 #602 and 1966 gt350 #853
    • View Profile
Re: 6S1108 - on Ebay
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2021, 10:57:48 AM »
   The more I look , the more I see. AGAIN I am not picking the car apart , just the description. BTW cross members were dipped in black and black plastic hole plugs weren't painted over with under body paint. This is not a "money " thing.
Are you talking about the painted over black plastic plugs in the replacement sheetmetal 67-70 trunk drop off panels ?   :o

Bob you have a really good eye, I missed the 67/70 drop off panels... Everyday on the SAAC forum I learn more and more you basically need to start inspecting a car from one end to another and point by point.
“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means”

Inigo Montoya

“This life’s hard, man, but it’s harder if you’re stupid”

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2021, 12:39:26 PM »
   The more I look , the more I see. AGAIN I am not picking the car apart , just the description. BTW cross members were dipped in black and black plastic hole plugs weren't painted over with under body paint. This is not a "money " thing.
Are you talking about the painted over black plastic plugs in the replacement sheetmetal 67-70 trunk drop off panels ?   :o

Bob you have a really good eye, I missed the 67/70 drop off panels... Everyday on the SAAC forum I learn more and more you basically need to start inspecting a car from one end to another and point by point.
Thank you for the compliment. I have had some good teachers over the years. I am glad you gleaned some useful insight from my sarcastic remark which was meant to get a smile . I don't like over hyped descriptions of cars. Yes these cars need to be scrutinized so that there are minimal surprises especially when purchasing. The vast majority have been messed with and you just don't know what has done until you study them. The trunk drop off is a very common place where people fudge a proper repair on a 65/66. . 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2021, 02:01:53 PM »
Are these issues leading us to think that the entire back end might have been replaced?

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2021, 04:01:27 PM »
Are these issues leading us to think that the entire back end might have been replaced?

One would think that if they replaced the entire back end then they would not need to patch the frame rails.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

427hunter

• SAAC Member
  • Caretaker of 1969 gt500 #602 and 1966 gt350 #853
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2021, 06:27:59 PM »

Thank you for the compliment. I have had some good teachers over the years. I am glad you gleaned some useful insight from my sarcastic remark which was meant to get a smile . I don't like over hyped descriptions of cars. Yes these cars need to be scrutinized so that there are minimal surprises especially when purchasing. The vast majority have been messed with and you just don't know what has done until you study them. The trunk drop off is a very common place where people fudge a proper repair on a 65/66. .

Well I apricate the education being given here, Thanks!
“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means”

Inigo Montoya

“This life’s hard, man, but it’s harder if you’re stupid”

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2021, 10:45:06 AM »
       "My" "issue" is only with the description by an obviously lesser educated ( Shelby wise) person enamored by ''shiny paint" and a blower.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2021, 10:50:10 AM »
       "My" "issue" is only with the description by an obviously lesser educated ( Shelby wise) person enamored by ''shiny paint" and a blower.
Ditto.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2021, 04:22:09 PM »
Remember, it is a salt car.....Syracuse/Binghamton
RARE  Signature Delete

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2021, 04:21:34 PM »
Wasted away in re-list-ville.
The market value just aint what it used to be for a driver condition car.
Searching for my lost shaker of salt, details! details! details!....some people say there is a woman to blame, but I say, it is a body shops fault!
If you don't know, you can sing along to Jimmy Buffett's, Margaitrville.
155K 172K 160K 180K now? My numbers might be off but, OUCH I wish people could be realistic.
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2021, 04:34:51 PM »
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2021, 04:35:25 PM »

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2021, 08:12:29 PM »
Sorry my numbers were way off, but you get the point...

RE-LIST-VILLE

Wasted!
RARE  Signature Delete

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2021, 02:46:12 PM »
Description reeks of one of those guys you find on the internet to go look at some pedestrian car you are thinking of buying 500 miles away.

But c'mon a 683 hp early car would be fun to drive - has a period correct Shelby Paxton Supercharger adding 377 HP
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2021, 03:54:12 PM »
   "In the day" my BEST Paxton blown 289 ( with REAL GT40 heads) made about 535 flywheel HP. This was with a special 12-13 psi ( limited by belt slippage) blower and roller cam. Modern heads are better but I doubt they are 150 hp better than I made , especially with less boost. I call bogus on the HP claim.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2021, 05:18:55 PM »
Description reeks of one of those guys you find on the internet to go look at some pedestrian car you are thinking of buying 500 miles away.

But c'mon a 683 hp early car would be fun to drive - has a period correct Shelby Paxton Supercharger adding 377 HP

Fairy tales can come true, it can happen to you
If you're young at heart
For it's hard, you will find, to be narrow of mind
If you're young at heart

You can go to extremes with impossible schemes
You can laugh when your dreams fall apart at the seams
And life gets more exciting with each passing day
And love is either in your heart or on it's way

Don't you know that it's worth every treasure on earth
To be young at heart
For as rich as you are, it's much better by far
To be young at heart

And if you should survive to a 105
Look at all you'll derive out of being alive
And here is the best part, you've had a head start
If you are among the very young at heart

And if you should survive to a 105
Think of all you'll derive out of being alive
And here is the best part, you've had a head start
If you are among the very young at heart

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy