News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 GT500 coil mounting

Started by shelbydoug, January 27, 2021, 09:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

On a 67 GT500 with no A/C or T/E, I see where the coil is mounted.

Does the coil bracket mounting use a special double ended bolt like the CJ does there or does the regular manifold mounting bolt just go through the bracket?

Also, I don't see any engine tags showing under the coil bracket? Is the tag just concealed by the bracket or is it supposed to hang down in front so that you can see and read it?

I am looking at Verns 5 zillion pictures of his current 67 GT500 offering. It has a lot of original details but I'm not seeing pics that answer these questions.

Gaines gets tired of answering these questions. I guess the tips of his fingers hurt from typing and pounding on the keys answering my questions?

Oh well? As Elvis sang in the '68 "Come Back Special"...."there must be peace in the valley someday" ? I got a white suit like that too...and yes it still fits  ::)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbydoug on January 27, 2021, 09:39:17 AM
On a 67 GT500 with no A/C or T/E, I see where the coil is mounted.

Does the coil bracket mounting use a special double ended bolt like the CJ does there or does the regular manifold mounting bolt just go through the bracket?

Also, I don't see any engine tags showing under the coil bracket? Is the tag just concealed by the bracket or is it supposed to hang down in front so that you can see and read it?

I am looking at Verns 5 zillion pictures of his current 67 GT500 offering. It has a lot of original details but I'm not seeing pics that answer these questions.

Gaines gets tired of answering these questions. I guess the tips of his fingers hurt from typing and pounding on the keys answering my questions?

Oh well? As Elvis sang in the '68 "Come Back Special"...."there must be peace in the valley someday" ? I got a white suit like that too...and yes it still fits  ::)
Same intake bolt as others the same length. Tag sometimes can be concealed  from view.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

Thank you for those answers but here is the follow up question.

The coil bracket that I have is "slotted" for a 5/16" bolt. The intake bolt is 3/8" I had to enlarge that slot to accommodate the larger bolt.

Is that the same thing Ford did in assembling this engine or was there/is there, a coil bracket with a 3/8" slot and I have the wrong one?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbydoug on January 27, 2021, 12:30:12 PM
Thank you for those answers but here is the follow up question.

The coil bracket that I have is "slotted" for a 5/16" bolt. The intake bolt is 3/8" I had to enlarge that slot to accommodate the larger bolt.

Is that the same thing Ford did in assembling this engine or was there/is there, a coil bracket with a 3/8" slot and I have the wrong one?
Given the coil brackets regardless of bigblock , small block,early or later have the smaller hole then the most logical conclusion is that they had to be modified when used on a 67 GT500 intake.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!