News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1966 side scoop hole dimensions?

Started by silverton_ford, January 25, 2021, 10:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverton_ford

I sold my 1966 Mustang fastback to a friend.  He has come a long way on the car in a short amount of time.  It is looking great.  He is building it as a hot rod.  He now wants to add the 1966 side scoops.  I was searching the forum looking for dimensions of where the brake ducting hole in the quarter panel is located.  I found this photo of 6S033 from Brant's Blog when the car was being restored.  Can anyone help me with these measurements?   (I can measure my car, but it has the scoop on it and it will not be an exact measurement.)   Thank you.   :)

My old car.

6s1640

Hi Brian,

Just a heads up, you have double dimensioned the vertical location with your two measurements.  One should be check or reference and the other the hard value.  What do you do if they don't generate the same point?  Average the two by taking the point between the two?

Just a thought.  I will see what I can get.  Averaging others input might also be helpful.

When I take the measurement, I will measure to each edge and then average the two for a center value.  This should be a little more accurate that trying to guess the center.

Cory

davez

3" hole. Measurements are bodyline to centerline of hole.

davez

Also wanted to add. On both my 66's there is some variation +- 3/16" as to the exact location of the hole. My right side location doesn't match my left on my carryover or my 66 currently in primer. Obviously the variables would be different workers , levels of consistency / care, time constraints, etc.

silverton_ford

Quote from: davez on January 26, 2021, 08:17:39 AM
Also wanted to add. On both my 66's there is some variation +- 3/16" as to the exact location of the hole. My right side location doesn't match my left on my carryover or my 66 currently in primer. Obviously the variables would be different workers , levels of consistency / care, time constraints, etc.

Thank you!  This will work.  I appreciate it.

davez

Your welcome. Happy to add info once in a while.
Dz