News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Register at Hertz Booth for weekend use of GT350H image

Started by 6s1640, January 29, 2021, 06:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6s1640

Hi all,

I made a black and white print of this image from 1.0 forum.  Does any one have on original I could get a scan?  Any one know the story behind the picture?

Thanks

Cory

honker

Cory, thanks for posting ! I think there was some talk here (maybe forum 1) as to where that could be ? Here's a little clearer

image then yours. It's from Getty images, they usually have a identifier with the image, maybe that will solve the location, the

images from their site can be purchased.

Mike

6s1640

Hi Mike,

I found.  Thank you for the tip.  I found by searching "vintage Hertz car".  Below is the caption with the image above.  The pricing is crazy.  An image slightly under 8 X 10 is $499, but on sale for $450.  Now it would be fun to find the actual article in The Denver Post October 28, 1966.

Thanks

Cory

OCT 26 1966, OCT 28 1966, OCT 31 1966; Business Exhibit Prize; Prisci I la Berry, Denver saies representative for Hertz Rent A Car at Denver displays the Ford Mustang given for a weekend of use as prize at Mountain States Industrial and Business Exhibit and Conference. It was won by John DeVries, International Business Machines Corp. office in Boulder. Exhibit closed Oct. 23.; (Photo By Lowell Georgia/The Denver Post via Getty Images)