News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

68 GT350 Parking Brake Pivot Hardware

Started by Corey Bowcutt, February 06, 2021, 07:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corey Bowcutt

Can anyone tell me what hardware is used for mounting the parking brake pivot?  I have looked at AMK and NPD and can not find anything.  I currently have a single washer and a spring pin.  I am just not sure if there should be another washer between the pivot and the floor of the car?

Thank you,

Corey

Bob Gaines

Corey, a thin single wave washer goes underneath the flat washer. The wave washer can be found at many full line hardware stores (not home depot or lowes)in the yellow servalite boxes.  It will work without but works better with .  The flat washer you have looks too thick to allow a wave washer underneath. Regardless of what you do it is a good idea to grease that joint.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Corey Bowcutt

Perfect! Thank you Bob. I just felt like something was missing.
Corey

Bob Gaines

I think a set of the assembly line manuals would be a good investment to help familiarize yourself with how the car was assembled. It will help answer countless question. The chassis manual is the one I think I use the most with electrical being second place. I would get them all if I were you. I still use them all the time if nothing else to help me not get confused from one year compared to another.   

Corey Bowcutt

Why do I need those when I have you?  Just kidding, if they give this kind of detail you are right I need to invest.

Corey

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on February 07, 2021, 10:53:24 AM
Why do I need those when I have you?  Just kidding, if they give this kind of detail you are right I need to invest.

Corey
Hey I am glad to help LOL but many times a person needing answers wants instant gratification that the lag time between responses on forums,google searching  etc. can't give. For you and others who may be reading FYI you need to get the "AMK guide to fasteners" also . It is a companion book that deciphers the numbers for fasteners illustrated in the manuals. When you look up the number from the manuals in the AMK book it tells you a page to go to where a picture of what the fastener looks like and exact size based on the number. In your case the wave washer and flat washer. That will help you sort through extra bolts you may have from the car that you didn't what they went to or in a pinch the hardware store (ones with assortment of suts,bolts ,clips ,hairpins etc.) . Once you know what you need you can look missing fasteners up on AMK's site too.

KR Convertible

If everyone did that, I think you would get awful bored Bob!    ;D

Bob Gaines

Quote from: KR Convertible on February 07, 2021, 05:33:22 PM
If everyone did that, I think you would get awful bored Bob!    ;D
I think I would get more thinks done. ;)