News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Tire Discussion

Started by rmarble57, February 07, 2021, 05:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: KR Convertible on March 04, 2021, 09:52:55 AM
There WAS a product called Westleys Bleche Wite.  That stuff was great!!  Black Magic bought them out a couple of years ago and WRECKED IT!  It doesn't work nearly as good.  If you want the original, you have to pay up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Westleys-Bleche-Wite-Tire-Cleaner-Spray-HTF/324251726917?hash=item4b7ee8b445:g:SUkAAOSwugJeb8JD
+1. Was good now it's not nears as good. I use super clean now.
It works on many things but is strong so when using on other things besides tires do a test first and I strongly recommend gloves .Your skin reacts the same if not mores so like when exposed to the old Bleche wite .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

KR Convertible

Thankfully, I picked up two 1 gallon jugs a few years back at Englishtown.  Hopefully, my boys haven't gotten into them.

oldcanuck

Quote from: KR Convertible on March 04, 2021, 09:52:55 AM
There WAS a product called Westleys Bleche Wite.  That stuff was great!!  Black Magic bought them out a couple of years ago and WRECKED IT!  It doesn't work nearly as good.  If you want the original, you have to pay up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Westleys-Bleche-Wite-Tire-Cleaner-Spray-HTF/324251726917?hash=item4b7ee8b445:g:SUkAAOSwugJeb8JD

Yup.... years ago Westleys was the bomb. I used it on my wide whitewalls on my Harley-Davidson Road King. It worked great. The new version couldn't clean a toilet, since that's where it belongs anyways IMO.
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

67 GT350

RARE  Signature Delete

427hunter

Quote from: 67 GT350 on April 14, 2021, 11:15:45 AM
Any opinions on these tires for a 67? Fit? They say "Goodyear"....

https://www.lucasclassictires.com/225-70R15-Goodyear-Poly-Steel-Sm-Letter-P3AC3.htm

That's a nice looking tire and a good option if you want a radial tire... Modern radials look awful on restored cars.
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

oldcanuck

https://www.lucasclassictires.com/225-70R15-Goodyear-Poly-Steel-Sm-Letter-P3AC3.htm

Fran,

At the price of one of those..... you can almost have a full set of 4 BFG's and as you saw they stick pretty well while driving somewhat spirited.  In fact... I think it was the white lettering that memorized the cop who didn't see or hear us over by The Woods ! Hell that was a $250 savings right there !!  Thank you BFG !!

BG
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

67 GT350

LOL.....I know, they are a lot. I wonder on the quality. I wish GY made a RWL tire that was a radial....I might just go with the BF Goodrich's....
RARE  Signature Delete

6T6/7

That's what I'm running. I've been happy with them. I blacked out all lettering except "Goodyear". I ran Speedway bias ply for years, so pretty familiar with them.  These tires drive like modern radials by comparison.  At 225/70 they're larger than E70 Speedways and fill wheels a bit more for a good look IMO. As we know, radial tire choices with Goodyear lettering are extremely limited.  All things considered, I've found these tires to be a decent alternative.
'66 6S379, '67 GT350 #1661

67 GT350

WOW they do look good on your car. How do you "black" them out, and keep them black? Clearence works Good?
RARE  Signature Delete

6T6/7

Quote from: 67 GT350 on April 15, 2021, 09:47:20 AM
WOW they do look good on your car. How do you "black" them out, and keep them black? Clearence works Good?
Thanks, flat black spray paint...was probably Krylon, if that matters. I've mostly just had to do dry wipe downs at most.  So, can't really say how durable would be in anything harsher. If figured I could touch up if needed. Otherwise haven't had any clearance issues, etc.
'66 6S379, '67 GT350 #1661

oldcanuck

They do look good..... very good.
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

67 GT350

I know Bob, its got me thinking and I know they are pricey. I do think I would see how all the lettering looks on the car, then if I deem it, black it out.
RARE  Signature Delete

oldcanuck

I saw a set of BFGs a few years ago that were blacked out except for the 'Goodrich'.... and they made me look twice.....

You have got me thinking again.....
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

CSX 4133

Only one side of the BFG T/A's are in white lettering, the reverse is unpainted so you can just have them mounted black lettering facing outward. You can take a wire brush or wheel to the painted lettering side if they still bother you.  :)

67 GT350

Shelbys do not look good with BLACKWALLS, they need some sort of wording. Goodyear is best, but those hard plastic non radial tires are horrible.
RARE  Signature Delete