Author Topic: Looking for a MICO master cylinder  (Read 1499 times)

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
Looking for a MICO master cylinder
« on: February 11, 2021, 08:27:56 AM »
Putting together a display of unique Hertz parts and accessories
Anyone have a MICO master cylinder for sale? It’s for display only so it doesn’t have to be completely functional just has to have all the parts to look correct
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a MICO master cylinder
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 08:00:11 AM »
Bump
Still looking for a MICO master cylinder for sale
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Rocket

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 03:23:54 PM »
You could buy a new one from Mico, but it would not be exactly like the original ones. Close. Ron
Original owner of 6S550. Owned since 1967. 64,000 Miles, all body original except hood and front valance. All glass original except windshield. Still has aluminum 4 speed. Has replacement Mico.  Also own 1966 Mustang convertible. They are drivers, not trailer queens.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 03:35:30 PM »
Keep in mind that if you buy a used one that it will most likely need rebuilt (I wouldn't trust a used one) . I think the last time i had one rebuilt by mico about 5 years ago that it was like 500.00 or more.I just remember it was a lot and no others I could find would rebuild one. A new one may be less expensive and looks very close but it will not come with some of the fittings like on the original. Some of the fittings may be obsolete and lost to time. Just mentioning info for a informed decision that is best for you.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2021, 05:39:43 PM »
Bob,
It doesn’t have to be functional, it’s part of a display of unique Hertz parts.
So just looking for “display only” piece

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2021, 06:41:06 PM »
Bob,
It doesn’t have to be functional, it’s part of a display of unique Hertz parts.
So just looking for “display only” piece
There should be some of those out there . I should have read the first post after the title. If nothing else it may inform someone holding onto a used core that the value is more in a refurbished unit vs a used core.They may be more apt to part with it that ways. Regardless the best of luck in your search .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2021, 09:04:54 PM »
Thanks, it just has to look the part, doesn’t have to be functional

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2021, 11:52:25 AM »
One last bump
Somebody, somewhere has to have one sitting on a shelf collecting dust that can be converted into cash
Remember, it will be a “display” only, doesn’t have to work, just have all the parts