News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1968 Shelby #101 up for auction

Started by Coralsnake, February 13, 2021, 07:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KR Convertible

Ok.  I gotta ask.  What's up with the white shocks?  At first I thought they were KYBs.  After looking at more pictures, it looks like they have the disk below the upper bushing eye like the adjustable shocks.  Pre-production parts?

Coralsnake

When one does a restoration there are always decisions to be made.  :)

This car was originally left with the engineering department well into the 1969 model year.

The decision was taken to "upgrade" the tires to the GY black side walls , like a KR and the 1969 style Shelby shock absorbers to represent that.

KR Convertible

Coralsnake

You may also see the front fender bolts are painted body color.

This represents the car being repainted after it was built, per an internal memorandum

KR Convertible

I think you had mentioned the fender bolts previously.  The things I found unusual were the shocks, tires and lack of
comfortweave.

I also seem to remember the electronic controller being mounted to the front of the console.  The pictures show it mounted to the radiator support.

Coralsnake

Correct. Initially there was some evidence the computer was external on this car, but I do agree inside would have been more correct. Especially when I found evidence on the console of its original mounting location.

Very early cars tend to have smooth seats

Coralsnake

I did a short synopsis of many of these odd features for the new owner. Its included with the car 🙂

Coralsnake

Blackcar

Was there a 428cj installed in September 1967 for these tests ?

Coralsnake

I think that is very unlikely. We dont have the exact date it was installed. It was more likely early 1968 CY.

430dragpack

Is this the car that was owned by Jan and then Gale in the '80's that had a 427 in it for awhile?

Coralsnake

430dragpack

Quote from: Coralsnake on March 25, 2021, 07:02:09 AM
Yes, they are previous owners.
Here is a couple of pictures from Hallett Roadway in Tulsa from about 1986-87.  Gale is in both pictures.  The license plate on the car is GT 427.  I had just been given rides in both the Shelby and the BOSS.

Coralsnake

Oh good stuff! Thanks for posting!

Coralsnake