News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Is Avon doomed?

Started by 2112, February 22, 2021, 11:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooper has owned Avon tires for quite a long time.

Could this be the beginning of the end?

https://apnews.com/article/business-ohio-coronavirus-pandemic-1b731faa50852edb123b8e76c11aed4c

I want to love Goodyear tires, the Name, the history, the Shelby relationship.

The problem is that every Goodyear tire I have owned (OEM on Performance Fords) has been a terrible experience. They just are not the tire company they used to be.

I hope they don't burn Avon to the ground in the process.

shelbydoug

Quote from: 2112 on February 22, 2021, 11:30:54 AM
Cooper has owned Avon tires for quite a long time.

Could this be the beginning of the end?

https://apnews.com/article/business-ohio-coronavirus-pandemic-1b731faa50852edb123b8e76c11aed4c

I want to love Goodyear tires, the Name, the history, the Shelby relationship.

The problem is that every Goodyear tire I have owned (OEM on Performance Fords) has been a terrible experience. They just are not the tire company they used to be.

I hope they don't burn Avon to the ground in the process.

One way corporations operate is to eliminate competition of opposing views is by buying them and making the changes they wanted to eliminate opposing views.

This is fact may be the case here but can Cooper and Avon really be any kind of competition to Goodyear?

I do remember that there was quite a bit of sparing between Firestone and Goodyear and a sure way to get blacklisted by Goodyear as a racing team was to show 'stones'.

Goodyear was and still is ugly aggressive.

We will see what happens with Avon but I'm wondering if Goodyear will keep the tire and just re-label it "GOODYEAR"? That would actually work for me?

I suppose it all depends on which 'young Turk' who wants to climb to the top of Goodyear wants to go with the Avons. Maybe it will work out for us? One never knows...do one?" ;D
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

If Goodyear left Avons completely alone save slapping their name on the side...........?

That I would be perfectly fine with. Thrilled in fact.

shelbydoug

Quote from: 2112 on February 22, 2021, 12:16:58 PM
If Goodyear left Avons completely alone save slapping their name on the side...........?

That I would be perfectly fine with. Thrilled in fact.

;D
68 GT350 Lives Matter!