News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Windage Tray Question for FE Engine

Started by RSOHC, February 18, 2021, 11:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RSOHC

Do I need to buy a dip stick from Special Ed or am I ok with the dip stick I am currently using?

RSOHC

Special Ed please email me at "lauranlhoward@live.com" and let me know the availability and price of the correct dip stick if I need a replacement.

Special Ed

Like i said my assembly line 67-68 gt 500 & KR chrome dipsticks are 100% concours correct if not useing an added windage tray that u can see when looking under the engine if u are doing a concours restoration.  I just sold one to a CA guy for his 67 gt500 and i got a few left show driver to rechromed originals  and a couple of new take offs as i been collecting the NON dimpled originals for 40 years after seeing the nos service replacements had the noticeable dimple just above the bell that can be seen and i used to point that out in past judging of cars to other car guys who want to be correct but the main thing is u need to have the correct dipstick so oil level is correct in either the gt500 67-68 -KR-68 1/2 cj  c6oz oil pan or the factory  gt500 69-70 windage tray setup that the oil level marks are different on than 67-68 -kr- 68 1/2 cj cars. The 69-70 428cj factory windage tray and  another needed oil pan gasket will lower the oil pan about 3/16'' of an inch so the oil level marks will be in different locations on the dipstick. The windage tray is sandwiched between 2 oil pan gaskets in 69-70 cj -scjs.

RSOHC

Special Ed

I am working on a street driven car and am need of a dip stick that will tell me the correct amount of oil in the engine. 

It sounds like you have many choices.   

Do you have a dip stick that will meet that need with the extra windage tray?  If so, is there a range of conditions for the dip sticks? 

What is price for a dip stick that meets my need? 

RSOHC

Special Ed

What is the part number for the dip stick that I need?

Special Ed

c7oe-6750-a  FOMOCO stamped 67-68 no windage tray.

shelbydoug

Quote from: Special Ed on February 19, 2021, 10:27:04 PM
c7oe-6750-a  FOMOCO stamped 67-68 no windage tray.

Is that chrome or painted?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Special Ed

chrome like big block shelbys GTs mach 1s  cougars torinos etc,

RSOHC

Special Ed

Those 3 are repos and service replacement  69-70  type  and i was talking about  rectangular FOMOCO stamped 67-68 type  NOT ford oval later type 69-70 oil level markings that use windage tray.

Quote from: Special Ed on February 20, 2021, 07:16:00 PM
Those 3 are repos and service replacement  69-70  type  and i was talking about  rectangular FOMOCO stamped 67-68 type  NOT ford oval later type 69-70 oil level markings that use windage tray.

Well, the O.P. Has asked 3 times with no answer so I tossed up a solution that might help.

Special Ed

I called  him and sending him photos of my dipsticks

RSOHC

I have not received a phone call or an email.