News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

KR Crash

Started by Peter L., February 19, 2021, 03:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter L.

Spoke earlier today with a gentleman in Maryland who used to own my KR ( 4052 ).  I was astonished to hear that he bought the car in 1972 after it was involved in a rollover crash in Virginia. Apparently the owner was exiting the freeway and overshot the off ramp resulting in the car rolling and being totaled. It's a black/black fastback, air 4-speed.  Long shot, but does anyone out there recall hearing about such an event in or around 1971-72 ?
  A few years back a gentleman named Bill Collins generously provided me with photos and a very interesting story when he purchased it in the 80's I believe.
  Again it's a long shot, but I thought I would just throw this out there.
                               Thanks, Pete.
KR 4052
1969 Fairlane Cobra formal roof drag pack

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Peter L. on February 19, 2021, 03:31:34 PM
  Spoke earlier today with a gentleman in Maryland who used to own my KR ( 4052 ).  I was astonished to hear that he bought the car in 1972 after it was involved in a rollover crash in Virginia. Apparently the owner was exiting the freeway and overshot the off ramp resulting in the car rolling and being totaled. It's a black/black fastback, air 4-speed.  Long shot, but does anyone out there recall hearing about such an event in or around 1971-72 ?
  A few years back a gentleman named Bill Collins generously provided me with photos and a very interesting story when he purchased it in the 80's I believe.
  Again it's a long shot, but I thought I would just throw this out there.
                               Thanks, Pete.
Bill Collins is a forum member.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Peter L.

Yes, he was very helpful in providing me with some information about my car.
KR 4052
1969 Fairlane Cobra formal roof drag pack

ricur2

where at in maryland      i live near the first 2 exits on 81 don't remember any wrecks around there

427heaven

Re read slowly. . .  :-[