News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

When we’re the VINs added to the Engine and Trans for 69s?

Started by SChatman, February 28, 2021, 10:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbymann1970

Quote from: SChatman on March 01, 2021, 12:21:44 AM
Thanks everybody, I knew it was required for VINs to be stamped on the drive train at some point, I just wasn't sure where it was done. I was on a Facebook site where a few people were saying "numbers matching" had to do with correct date coded parts not vin numbers  and I had always heard it was having the original drive train with VIN numbers stamped on them.
I really appreciate conversing on sites like this as Facebook is a breeding ground for the misinformed who will argue that they are right. If you correct you are a knowitall to some. BTW do you know they built Boss 302 coupes along with sportroofs in 69 and 70?Yep I heard it on Facebook so it must be true. SMH...

Funny in that I swear I had read years ago the Jan1,1968 on a govt site but could have been another? I have had engines and trans vin stamped from both Metuchin and Dearborn for the 68 year. not one unstamped 68 have I seen yet but my numbers are limited.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)