News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Open letter Cobra valve cover question

Started by DRGT350, February 24, 2021, 08:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Case

Dan Case
1964 Cobra owner since 1983, Cobra crazy since I saw my first one in the mid 1960s in Huntsville, AL.

NC TRACKRAT

Do I vaguely remember that on Forum V.1?  Dan, any way you can post the slide show here or a link to it rather than a bunch of us pestering you to send it?
5S071, 6S1467

Dan Case

Quote from: NC TRACKRAT on April 01, 2023, 02:36:10 PM
Do I vaguely remember that on Forum V.1?  Dan, any way you can post the slide show here or a link to it rather than a bunch of us pestering you to send it?

There are file hosting sites but that would make more for me to keep up with because many of my files get updates and additions as different details come up for discussion or questions are asked.

I have added eight [8] pages to the file on cast aluminum rocker covers since last August for a current total of 36 pages.  The file studies what new Cobras could have been purchased with during most of 1963 and the standard cover assemblies used CSX2201-CSX2589 during late 1963 through 1964. A few ancillaries are covered by installer site and time frame also. The file just touches on covers produced to revised manufacturing processes and the addition of more wooden patterns for 1965 through early 1966 MUSTANG GT350 street cars to inform Cobra owners and rebuilders that not all "hollow letter" cover assemblies late 1963-66 were the same. In the details, nice covers made before 1965 are pretty rare now and unmolested one in great survivor condition are very rare to even collect pictures of. (No, cover assemblies were not dated. 1964-66 cover assemblies did not stay the same long and the use of different wooden patterns and oil fill tube variants makes them very confusing to a casual observer just starting to hunt information.)

I have not thought about it but I think only four or five people have wanted a *.pdf version of file emailed to them and that is from several forums that I participate in. In most of the inquiries I receive, someone is either looking at a part or pairs they can buy or ones they already bought where they want a better idea of what time frame they would have been used.
Dan Case
1964 Cobra owner since 1983, Cobra crazy since I saw my first one in the mid 1960s in Huntsville, AL.