News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Help with Identifying Origins of AC Cobra Go-Kart please

Started by townie55, February 25, 2021, 12:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

townie55

Hello. We have an old go kart at home that I used to drive the kids around the driveway on. It got stored into a corner for 20 years and I'm considering getting it out and doing it up.

It came here to NZ around 20 or so years ago but was old when we bought it in the San Francisco area.

Would anyone here know anything about this type of go kart and perhaps it's place of origin and years they may have been made?

Many thanks in advance.

Cam
Auckland, NZ

Harris Speedster

Cam,
We had one here that I ended up exporting, with a 67 Mustang and 55 corvette kart to a museum in Switzerland.
It was pictured and caught on film for TV, while the American Pickers , cast and crew were here filming for 7 hours.

My best knowledge, about 20 were produced in the 70's, were built in a eastern state in US
Unverified by an expert, as most have never seen one.
respectfully,
John
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

98SVT - was 06GT

A bunch of places made these things. I did a quick google and came up with 1/2 dozen sales.
Even one on ebay now https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shelby-COBRA-427-289-GO-Kart-Skeeter-Vintage-Shriners-Junior-Mini-Car-Gas-Rare-/313227458974

FOR SALE..
MY COBRA GO KART
painted to match real Shelby Cobra CSX #4038
used for display
driven with out the body for very short hour time.
Just fully serviced 10-19
new tires
new battery
KEY START or pull start if battery is removed.
fast- 30ish or more. you can reduce throttle pull to slow it down as much as you like for little kids ect.
Im 5-11 , 150lbs and I can drive this with my son sitting at my side.
seat is adjustable slide back ect.
gel coated body painted with matching DuPont Indigo blastberry prism. a color shifting depending where the light is and strength
goes from classic shelby blue to plumcrazy to a violet to a cinnamon color in direct sun light
paint stops people in their tracks
rare Cobra for the Cobra collector
older pics hit me up for live phone walk around and start up drive ect. 949#3505403#- must purchase here on ebay...
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless