News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Color code for blue paint on Ford Shocks used on GT350

Started by 6s1640, March 08, 2021, 01:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

6s1640

Hi all,

Does any one have a paint code for the blue paint on the Ford adjustable shock used on the 66 GT350's.  I like to get a spray can mixed up.  Without a code, I am going to estimate the color from an original shock, color print and then have a paint supplier analyze.  Below is my image to print and take to a paint supplier.  Any other suggestions would be appreciated?  The code I got for this color from Photoshop was R 21, G 89 and B174.  Can a paint supplier match that?  I have know idea.  I also understand the monitor, the lighting and camera that took the shot will also have variations.

Thank you

Cory

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

jk66gt350

I recall one of the senior members on here saying the same thing a year or two ago when this question came up - that Ford Corporate blue was a very close match. I have a can of Dupli Color Ford Blue that I believe is the same shade that was recommended.  The Dupli Color paint code is 1601 if that helps.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 6s1640 on March 08, 2021, 01:03:58 AM
Hi all,

Does any one have a paint code for the blue paint on the Ford adjustable shock used on the 66 GT350's.  I like to get a spray can mixed up.  Without a code, I am going to estimate the color from an original shock, color print and then have a paint supplier analyze.  Below is my image to print and take to a paint supplier.  Any other suggestions would be appreciated?  The code I got for this color from Photoshop was R 21, G 89 and B174.  Can a paint supplier match that?  I have know idea.  I also understand the monitor, the lighting and camera that took the shot will also have variations.

Thank you

Cory
Cory , I hate to rely on colors I see in a computer monitor because I have found that they can be different from one monitor screen to another. I am confident based on other large quantity painted part examples that were done in batches that it is reasonable to expect that a given batch shade had a range of slightly darker or slightly lighter from one batch to another. With that said I have some original paint 66 typical blue 66  fomoco adjustable shocks (also late black and early orange ones) that I use as a guide. I have found that the early Ford light blue engine paint to match extremely close if not exact depending on the batch. The Ford Light blue engine paint is not to be confused with the Ford dark blue or Ford corporate blue.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

Had the color matched a number of years ago from a set of originals I have but don't think  (recall) that the quart had the mix listed on the label :( 
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge