News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

When we’re the VINs added to the Engine and Trans for 69s?

Started by SChatman, February 28, 2021, 10:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbymann1970

Quote from: SChatman on March 01, 2021, 12:21:44 AM
Thanks everybody, I knew it was required for VINs to be stamped on the drive train at some point, I just wasn't sure where it was done. I was on a Facebook site where a few people were saying "numbers matching" had to do with correct date coded parts not vin numbers  and I had always heard it was having the original drive train with VIN numbers stamped on them.
I really appreciate conversing on sites like this as Facebook is a breeding ground for the misinformed who will argue that they are right. If you correct you are a knowitall to some. BTW do you know they built Boss 302 coupes along with sportroofs in 69 and 70?Yep I heard it on Facebook so it must be true. SMH...

Funny in that I swear I had read years ago the Jan1,1968 on a govt site but could have been another? I have had engines and trans vin stamped from both Metuchin and Dearborn for the 68 year. not one unstamped 68 have I seen yet but my numbers are limited.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)