News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Battery Heat Shield

Started by snakeoil, March 11, 2021, 01:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whiteykr

The red KR is #3866 so it was built toward the end of June. It is 220 cars later than my car which was built on June 17. We know it had a grey battery heat shield that I own.
So ,if you are an original owner or know of any 1 owner cars with born with original battery heat shields could you please provide us with the data?  This would be for 67,68,and 69 Shelbys. Maybe we can come up with some answers.

Hockeylife

My 2/69 GT500, bought from original owner/family, still has its black battery heat shield found in trunk drop. Had to google part number to be sure what it was.

J_Speegle

Red GT500 Convertible in reply #27 is 2444
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

whiteykr

Thanks Hockeylife and Jeff.,
Is your 69 A/C or no A/C  and the same on your car Jeff.A/C or no? Jeff,would you put production date at May something?
Thanks
Brad

J_Speegle

Quote from: whiteykr on March 17, 2021, 04:58:37 PM
....................Jeff.A/C or no? Jeff,would you put production date at May something?

AC on that example

Would need a Marti report to be sure of any completion date at Ford. Have examples with higher VINs and Shelby numbers completed in Feb 1968 for example. Guess would be Feb also 1968
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Hockeylife

Quote from: whiteykr on March 17, 2021, 04:58:37 PM
Thanks Hockeylife and Jeff.,
Is your 69 A/C or no A/C  and the same on your car Jeff.A/C or no? Jeff,would you put production date at May something?
Thanks
Brad

Yes, car is A/C.