Author Topic: Ziebart Undercoating  (Read 3432 times)

66S285

• View Profile
Re: Ziebart Undercoating
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2021, 10:25:07 PM »
Results were dependent on the shop who applied it. Tuff Kote used to do used cars. I thought Ziebart only provided warranties for new cars (5 years?)
66S285
68 KR #2375

jk66gt350

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2021, 08:27:00 AM »
My 1st new car was a 72 Mustang sportsroof with a 351 C.  The dealer at the time offered undercoating with a lifetime warranty for the original owner.  The metal used in those cars at that time was so bad I went for it. I only drove the car in the winter the 1st year and stored it other winters and still had at least three or four free repairs - mostly to the tail panel around the rear lights and the back of the wheel house area and trunk drops. I recall the metal was almost paper thin in some of those areas.  I kept the car for 7 years and it still looked like new when I sold it, so I was very happy I went for the rustproofing.   

jguyer

• SAAC Member
  • Any man that eats chili, can't be all bad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2021, 09:10:42 AM »
If I remember correctly, Ziebart had a similar warranty, but you had to have the car redone every so often. (yearly?) I think you had to pay for that so almost no one kept it up.
"Never trust a man that don't eat cornbread, or a woman that don't cook it"

Cobrabob

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2021, 10:47:28 AM »
Back in 1978 I bought a new K5 Blazer and had it Ziebarted immediately because Blazers were notorious rust buckets. After about 6 years, the only rust was on the bumpers, even though they were coated on the backsides, and the metal part of the roof(!). It seems Chevy painted that with a new material that wasn't supposed to require primer. Hah! GM did cover the repainting, but I've never looked at buying another GM product since.