Author Topic: Weatherstrip mounting at quarter window 1969  (Read 3168 times)

SChatman

• View Profile
Weatherstrip mounting at quarter window 1969
« on: March 17, 2021, 03:29:06 PM »
The reproduction weatherstrip starting at the quarter window has 3 threaded studs with nuts and star lock washers attached, the separate attaching nut and bolt package from AMK for the quarter window has three rubber washers that don’t show up on the assembly manual, it only show’s a washer before the nut goes on which doesn’t make sense. A rubber washer would be squeezed out if put on there, I could see one between the weatherstrip stud and body to maybe seal it off but the assembly manual doesn’t show that. Any thoughts?

Re: Weatherstrip mounting at quarter window 1969
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2022, 08:14:25 AM »
The original installation of the weatherstrip on the quarter window of a 1969 SAAC car can be a bit of a challenge. The good news is that a few tips and tricks can make the process much easier. First of all, it is important to make sure that the surface of the window is clean and free of any debris. This will help to ensure that the weatherstrip will adhere properly. Next, it is important to align the weatherstrip to level with the top of the window. Once the weatherstrip is in place, it is important to use a small amount of clear silicone sealant to secure it in place. Be sure to smooth out any bubbles or wrinkles in the sealant, so it dries evenly. Finally, once the sealant has dried, it is important to test the weatherstrip to ensure it is properly sealed. By following these steps, I restored my car. And finally, I installed a sunshade from snapshades.com.au for my baby to keep him safe from UV rays.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 04:25:40 AM by xiaolongenquiry »

TOBKOB

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Weatherstrip mounting at quarter window 1969
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2022, 08:40:19 AM »
I think you are talking about a different weather strip. I suspect SChatman may be referring to the roof rail w/s on a '69 Shelby. :)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970