Author Topic: Another Dennis Collins car with a mysterious Carroll Shelby Connection  (Read 2213 times)

427hunter

• SAAC Member
  • Caretaker of 1969 gt500 #602 and 1966 gt350 #853
    • View Profile
Re: Another Dennis Collins car with a mysterious Carroll Shelby Connection
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2022, 09:45:06 PM »
Shelby won Le Mans, Dennis sells jeeps, you might want to modify your position.

Take off those rose colored glasses. Shelby was also a car salesman - and we know where they are ranked of the truth scale. Out of Shelby's own mouth he has admitted to telling "stories" to get deals put together and there is an interview with Pete Brock where CS was nicknamed Billy Sol Estes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billie_Sol_Estes

How's your Carroll Shelby Intl stock performing? Close $0.0062 it wouldn't even be performing well if it had been a penny stock.

I am sorry life gave you so many lemons - I’ll keep my rose color glasses over that any day. It’s odd that you have such a low opinion of Shelby and are on a Shelby forum? You think there is no difference between a guy that gave us the cobra and the Shelby mustangs with a Jeep dealer… really?
“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means”

Inigo Montoya

“This life’s hard, man, but it’s harder if you’re stupid”

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2022, 04:08:14 PM »
I am sorry life gave you so many lemons - I’ll keep my rose color glasses over that any day. It’s odd that you have such a low opinion of Shelby and are on a Shelby forum? You think there is no difference between a guy that gave us the cobra and the Shelby mustangs with a Jeep dealer… really?

Yes there is a lot of difference between the achievements of the two. And yes you won't find me nominating CS for sainthood and yes I did know him and he was always gracious and generous with me. However I also know how he treated several people who worked for him. (I decided to delete 3 specific instances I had listed here - corner me sometime at a meet I'll tell you the details)
Yes CS built some great cars but having known him for 30+ years I know that all things that shine are not gold.
Never met Collins but he strikes me as a real huckster who can't quite seal the deal.
PS - the only comparison I made between Collins and Shelby was that they were both from Texas and both were/are storytellers.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Dennis Y

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2022, 10:59:35 AM »
I see where he is going to buy 3 more Shelbys out of New Jersey. ! is a 69 GT350 evidently in parts and pieces and the other 2 weren't revealed.