News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Barn Find B9

Started by 2112, March 22, 2021, 10:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67 GT350

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on March 24, 2021, 09:36:51 AM
To be clear there is a big gaping hole in the frame by the steering box. I have never seen a 69 rust there-I did have a 1971 Challenger RT/SE V-code rust in that same exact spot in 1980. So what about other areas? I'd say you will be doing some structural repair before you drop any engine into it. A friend has a list with Ed on parts for his B9. As far as I know some of those parts are not out there right now so buying this and then buying the boatload of  parts to make it a complete car just might not be possible. It is like musical chairs on Boss 429 parts. Last one in......

Buy one done, you will be "miles" ahead. I had a Boss9 back in the 80's, original survivor car, it hads one b9 part missing, it was so long ago that I cannot remember, minor part, but I am sure $$$$ today.
Just to be clear, I would have to get that car for free, locate and buy at least 125K of parts, (ford parts),  I know my guy in Upstate NY would be at least another 175K plus to do the metal/finish work......that is at least 300K, then there is the saying, "now you know what you got"....Nah, you can find a nice one for less and be driving it OR while you age another year waiting for this one to be done. (that's a year waiting for it to be done, after you get this one home, and start buying/looking for all the parts, that would not happen overnight). Thus it might be 3 years before you can see this car done.
As far as the metal work on this car? You just don't throw CJP parts on it and call it good, it will not be right.
RARE  Signature Delete

67 GT350

This car will go for much more than it is worth....to restore. Hot off the press!!! Rev up your engines! Get excited!!!! All they need is 2 people and the sky is the limit!!!

https://www.hagerty.com/media/auctions/rm-sothebys-2021-march-open-roads-7-barn-finds/?utm_source=SFMC&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Wednesday_DailyDriver
RARE  Signature Delete

camp upshur

Who's gonna argue that this car is not worth putting 300k into? (is any non R model Mustang?)

It's too bad this car may have major corrosion (?).  Absent that, at a  70k~ price point, a Kaase motor (25k~), a cheap top loader, and one could be on the way to a most bitchin car.  Although never an 'Amelia Island' contender.
Lest we forget, a significant minority of early SAI cars do not have their original engines, whose owners rationalize that it is the 'sheetmetal', vice a facsimile/clone motor, that makes the car - which this car presumptively has.

FL SAAC

+1 buy it and enjoy the rest
Good luck!

Quote from: camp upshur on March 24, 2021, 11:36:20 AM
Who's gonna argue that this car is not worth putting 300k into? (is any non R model Mustang?)

It's too bad this car may have major corrosion (?).  Absent that, at a  70k~ price point, a Kaase motor (25k~), a cheap top loader, and one could be on the way to a most bitchin car.  Although never an 'Amelia Island' contender.
Lest we forget, a significant minority of early SAI cars do not have their original engines, whose owners rationalize that it is the 'sheetmetal', vice a facsimile/clone motor, that makes the car - which this car presumptively has.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

davez

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on March 24, 2021, 09:36:51 AM
To be clear there is a big gaping hole in the frame by the steering box. I have never seen a 69 rust there-I did have a 1971 Challenger RT/SE V-code rust in that same exact spot in 1980. So what about other areas? I'd say you will be doing some structural repair before you drop any engine into it. A friend has a list with Ed on parts for his B9. As far as I know some of those parts are not out there right now so buying this and then buying the boatload of  parts to make it a complete car just might not be possible. It is like musical chairs on Boss 429 parts. Last one in......

This isn't a rust hole its an access hole someone cut with a torch probably to repair where the power steering mount caged nuts are inside the rail. Usually they are damaged when someone installs a drop mount for the steering to clear headers and it gets ripped out of the rail. Once you have a donor rail section , it would take 4 to 5 hours to repair properly.  The trunk floor is rusted due to battery acid and looks isolated to that area. They have posted some underneath pictures. Not much rust at all.

davez

acapulco350

I would rather take the red one Eric Lipper brought for about fifty k more

camp upshur

Instantly upside down!

(might as well push the stick forward!!)

69mach351w

trotrof1

And thats why I dont gamble.

67 GT350

Quote from: acapulco350 on March 25, 2021, 04:00:00 PM

I would rather take the red one Eric Lipper brought for about fifty k more

YUP!
RARE  Signature Delete

Quote from: davez on March 25, 2021, 01:46:24 PM
Sold 165,000

Pound for pound, far more expensive than a running complete car.

This plays out over and over.   ::)