News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

shock absorbers

Started by johnzajc@gmail.com, March 24, 2021, 03:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnzajc@gmail.com

Hi---it has been long time since I did adjust my AUTOLITE adjustable absorbers---NEED HELP---Does anyone remembers how to adjust thee---they are AUTOLITE C9ZX 18080C T9CD REAR  and FRONT  18045 B    T9CC

Bob Gaines

Quote from: johnzajc@gmail.com on March 24, 2021, 03:05:59 PM
Hi---it has been long time since I did adjust my AUTOLITE adjustable absorbers---NEED HELP---Does anyone remembers how to adjust thee---they are AUTOLITE C9ZX 18080C T9CD REAR  and FRONT  18045 B    T9CC
As it pertains to your C9ZX adjustable shock ,for the rears start by compressing the shock all of the way together.The top section has the settings corresponding to a mark and the the bottom half has a line of arrows as it's mark.Twist the top section counter clockwise and you will hear the clicks of the different settings.  The firmness setting marked on the top section should line up with the bottom section arrows to confirm setting . Each setting will have a distinct engagement feel when done. Spread shock top and bottom half to keep the firmness setting from changing.  The fronts have a notch in the adjusting ring on the top mounting head to line up to the settings on the bottom half. Twist and click. Pull shock apart to keep setting from changing.  I have always found it strange that there is no mention of adjustment in the owners manual .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

johnzajc@gmail.com

Bob Gaines

FYI the 68 Shelby owners manual says that the adjustable shocks (66-70 adjustables are basically all the same) are adjusted at the factory for normal use and should not require adjustment. If unusual driving conditions make adjustment necessary ,they should be performed by your Shelby Cobra Dealer.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby