News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Weatherstrip mounting at quarter window for 1969 sports roof

Started by SChatman, March 24, 2021, 07:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SChatman

The reproduction weatherstrip starting at the quarter window has 3 threaded studs with nuts and star lock washers attached, the separate attaching nut and bolt package from AMK for the quarter window has three rubber washers that don't show up on the assembly manual, it only show's a washer before the nut goes on which doesn't make sense. A rubber washer would be squeezed out if put on there, I could see one between the weatherstrip stud and body to maybe seal it off but the assembly manual doesn't show that. Any thoughts?

427hunter

What weather stripping kit did you buy? My experience is Scott Drake was the best, soft seal would not compress enough and the doors wouldn't close right, I forgot the other brand I used before soft seal but it was hard as a rock.

The studs are for quarter window.

"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

SChatman

I got the Daniel Carpenter weatherstripping from NPD and have no issues with it at all. The weatherstrip has the mounting nuts and screws with it. I think I figured out what I needed, the 1/4 window attaching kit from AMK has four nuts and four rubber seals but I see nothing in the assembly Manuel about what these seals go on. I'm attaching a picture of what's in the kit. I assume the seals go in the nuts that hold the Boomerang trim piece on.

aj

When i removed my boomerang trip,  there were sealant washers/seals on the studs.  So the sealant washers were apparently installed onto studs,  then the boomerang was set in place.   At least that's what i observed on disassembly of my car but FYI,  my car had been repainted so am not 100% absolutely sure but am fairly certain.

SChatman

Thanks, my old nuts had something inside them and it might have been the gaskets but i didn't find anything that went on the studs then the boomerang put on and then the nuts.