Author Topic: Door bottom weatherstripping 69 GT350 build dat 1/9/69 Dearborn car.  (Read 1196 times)

SChatman

• View Profile
Is this weatherstrip used on 69 GT350’s on the underside of the doors? See attached picture. I’m not finding holes in the bottom of my original doors for attaching them.  It has 7 attaching screws
Thank you

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
If you've determined that your car has its original doors and there are no holes for the weatherstrips/sweeps then it likely didn't come with them. You can find examples both ways

As always document so that you can explain your choices and have evidence of the details prior to restoration
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
If you've determined that your car has its original doors and there are no holes for the weatherstrips/sweeps then it likely didn't come with them. You can find examples both ways

As always document so that you can explain your choices and have evidence of the details prior to restoration
+1 . Both doors should be the same with or without holes. If they don't match each other it is time to do some detective work because there is a strong possibility that they are not original to the car.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

SChatman

• View Profile
Thanks Jeff and Bob, my original doors were rusted so much I got new Dynacorn doors, the new doors have holes to mount that weatherstrip but my originals didn’t. If there’s no rhyme or reason as to which cars had them or not I thought would go ahead and put them on.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Thanks Jeff and Bob, my original doors were rusted so much I got new Dynacorn doors, the new doors have holes to mount that weatherstrip but my originals didn’t. If there’s no rhyme or reason as to which cars had them or not I thought would go ahead and put them on.
If it has the holes put them on . No harm no foul in this instance . In fact the empty holes if door sweeps are not installed will call attention to the sweeps being missing by the informed observer.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

SChatman

• View Profile
Thanks Bob.