News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 Shelby Notchback "Little Red"

Started by Richstang, February 12, 2018, 11:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefordshow

I can't recall off the top of my head but I do remember seeing a picture of a 69 Shelby fastback in ont of the Shelby American mags that showed it on stands in a high school,work shop?       We had several GM cars donated to our school that were GM test bucks, assembly line damaged, shipping yard damage and "body in white".  Made more sense to donate than crushing them back then.   2-3 years of student ripping them apart and doing welding assignments on them they were done by then.      I had a friend that also worked at the Chrysler parts depot, in the mid 80's a small crew was ordered to put a sledge hammer to old stock, "destroy" transmissions, fenders, any thing considered old inventory. Seems it had more value as scrap metal than parts taking up shelf space.

Richstang

Quote from: Richstang on February 12, 2018, 11:41:51 PM
rear and side views

Another detail to consider is the front fenders in this photo appear to be repainted in a darker red.

I suspect the earlier version '67 front fender emblem was removed and the holes were spot welded, thus the need for a repaint.
That would match closer to the two '67 prototypes (with '68 fiberglass exterior and interior styling) in their first '68 configuration.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Richstang on April 09, 2018, 12:36:49 PM
rear and side views

Another detail to consider is the front fenders in this photo appear to be repainted in a darker red.

I suspect the earlier version '67 front fender emblem was removed and the holes were spot welded, thus the need for a repaint.
That would match closer to the two '67 prototypes (with '68 fiberglass exterior and interior styling) in their first '68 configuration.
The end caps and side scoops look to be about the same shade as the front fenders.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Richstang

Quote from: Bob Gaines on April 09, 2018, 04:12:05 PM
Quote from: Richstang on April 09, 2018, 12:36:49 PM
rear and side views

The end caps and side scoops look to be about the same shade as the front fenders.

Thanks Bob,
If nothing else it shows us SA couldn't match the Ford San Jose paint on the added Shelby parts. I just realized, if this car was a complete car (like the photos of the #0100 fastback show) and not a knockdown unit, they would've had to spot weld the holes for the "GTA" emblem too.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar