News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

any early funny car owners here? Or know of a person or company?

Started by Harris Speedster, March 30, 2021, 02:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350hr

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on April 14, 2021, 02:41:39 PM
Quote from: TA Coupe on April 14, 2021, 03:21:17 AM
Which warehouse? His private one or the 1 in Long Beach?
We were only able to get him to turn loose of stuff from Long Beach.

+1 Long Beach shop. John House sold me allot of stuff over the years and then there was the "Ron Miller " sale.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

gt350hr

He was the "seller" for Mickey. Sold allot of stuff for M/T.

TA Coupe

I was talking with Mickey at the sema show about the stuff I bought from him and said I wish I had some tunnelport heads and intake for the short block (which I was told was a back up for Bonneville) I bought from him and he said get hold of me later and I'll take ya to the private warehouse that only my son and I know about. He said they would ship out a container load of stuff from Ford in a railroad Box and would stop at the Long Beach warehouse and then go on to their private warehouse with the other half. I think that a lot of the stuff that his son was selling on the side came from there,  but no proof of that.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

gt350hr

The Anaheim st warehouse is where much of the "old stuff" was. I bought a TP short block "from Bonneville" and a NEW reverse rotation TP complete engine ( marine use) that were stored there since '68. There were mag and aluminum SBC blocks, a hundred cranks a thousand rods ( steel , alum , ti) , old race cars etc. This may be the place he was talking about.

Side-Oilers

Randy, what happened to the rest of the stuff, after Mickey was dead?
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

gt350hr

I honestly don't know. That would be a question for Danny. I was never able to get in after his death. There was never a "sale" after his passing that "I" know of.

TA Coupe

I heard that Danny would show up at the Long Beach swap meet with stuff for sale and I think I may have heard that from Gus but can't remember for sure. When I bought my tunnel port 302 short block from the Long Beach where house there was a SBC block that was made out of magnesium and I could pick it up with 2 fingers. One of the Bonneville cars was there along with tons of boss 9 stuff.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

gt350hr

I never saw Danny there selling stuff. Maybe what you heard was actually Fritz Voigt , Mickey's engine builder who sold there until his passing.