Author Topic: SAAC Carolinas Spring 2021 Event at the Hickory Regional Airport - May 22, 2021  (Read 12747 times)

BGlover67

• Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
:) :) :) :) :) :)  SAAC Carolinas Spring Event  :) :) :) :) :) :)
New Spring 2021 SAAC Carolinas Event!!!
[/b][/size][/b]

The pandemic is officially over!!  Ok, maybe not, but warnings of the pending apocalypse have been greatly exaggerated.       As such, you are officially invited to attend the SAAC Carolinas Spring Event on Saturday, May 22nd, 2021, at the Hickory Regional Airport, in Hickory, NC.

This is a great opportunity to have your Shelby, Cobra, or Mustang posed and photographed in front of unique military aircraft as well as just commiserate as to how miserable it was being locked down through the Covid 19 experience.   They have a fabulous museum, one of the best in the United States.
The museum is open from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, and we'd like to get as many cars in and parked amongst the planes as early as possible, so plan to be there between 9:00-9:30am.  There are plenty of trailer parking spaces located in the airport parking lot for those who may need them. 

As for lunch, there is a short order cafe at the museum, and the food is quite good.  We have asked Gordan Ramsay to come and create some of his famous dishes, but truth be told that's quite a long shot.  There is plenty of room to sit inside and eat, plus there are three picnic tables outside by the planes and around your cars.  There are also plenty of restrooms inside the terminal including ones that are handicap accessible. 

If anyone is thinking of staying overnight, there is a Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton Inn, both located about 15 minutes from the airport on I-40.  From there, you can easily drive to the event in your car. 

It's been a while since we have had a spring meet up, and I think this just might be what the Doctor has ordered.  Well, it's at least what the Dentist has ordered, so we hope to see you all there.   Please RSVP if possible.

Thanks,

Brian                                              Denny
SAAC Carolinas North                       SAAC Carolinas South[/size]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 01:49:28 AM by BGlover67 »
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

6T6SHELBY

• View Profile
Thanks for putting this together. Looking forward to it!!

BGlover67

• View Profile
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile

If not for a date conflict I'd have come over the mountains to attend this event. Sounds like a fun day though.

~Steven

BGlover67

• View Profile
Sorry to hear that Steve, perhaps next time?   :)
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Brian,
If weather prevails and Lord willing, my wife and I will be there with our 69 Mach 1.

s_eagle

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
I will be there, looking forward to it!  Rob

6T6SHELBY

• View Profile
I will be there as well along with four or five other Shelby/Mustang enthusiasts from the Asheville area.

BGlover67

• View Profile
Great to hear guys!
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

FlyNavy

• View Profile
I'm going to start letting the local populace in Hickory know about the gathering, I would like to keep a running tally of attendees (cars and people) so we can make sure we have adequate volunteer staffing on hand and I can figure out parking amongst our aircraft.  Also, if anyone would like to send me photos of their cars that I can use on our social media to let people know the great rides they can come out and see, please do so and email to me: info@hickoryaviationmuseum.com.  Any questions, just ask. 

TedS

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
We plan on being there with the 68 KR
I'll send email with photo
Thanks for doing this.

Ted

mbriggs

• View Profile
I plan to attend if the weather forecast is good that day.

Michael

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
We've got it on the calendar and plan on trailering 6S1467 down.  Praying for a nice day!
5S071, 6S1467

FlyNavy

• View Profile
Be sure and send me a photo of your car if you're attending so I can use as I do updates for the Museum on social media.  So far, maybe a 10-12 cars.  Fingers crossed for a nice weather day.  The parking lot as you enter the airport is pretty big, plenty of room for trailer parking. 

BGlover67

• View Profile
Bill, I have about 5 more definites coming, I think the turn out will be quite nice.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover