News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Hanging out at lunch today....

Started by s2ms, April 02, 2021, 07:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s2ms

....6S407 and 6S1757, King Charlie's Drive-In, Snohomish, WA.

Great to catch up with Cory over a burger.
Dave - 6S1757

silverton_ford

Britton

Cool! What's up with the cardboard on Cory's car?
1967 GT350 #2645

Sfm6sxxx

6S1114

whiteykr

Thanks for sharing. 2 really nice looking cars.
Brad

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

6s1640

Quote from: Britton on April 02, 2021, 07:56:47 PM
Cool! What's up with the cardboard on Cory's car?

Hi Britton,

When it is cold outside, with the R-Model type valance, the engine runs too cool.  So, block some of the airflow, the engine runs a normal temperature.  I was going to remove, but Dave liked it.  He said it reminded him of Ken Miles' R-Model at its first race.  If you check out the images for the first race at Green Valley, 5R002 does have something in the grill, except in the upper section, not lower.  The taped off headlights are left over from the movie trailer CARRERA 6S407 was in (link attached), along with Hans Peterson's GT350, now being cared for by Brian Littlefield.

Cory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb7lSZK2w3Y

Wedgeman

Did you get that NOS cardboard from...... Cantwell...?... :o

69mach351w

Quote from: Wedgeman on April 03, 2021, 05:49:51 PM
Did you get that NOS cardboard from...... Cantwell...?... :o
No, he got it from Pookie :o

Nice Combo though ;D

Wedgeman

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

If it was from Pookie it would have looked like an OEM Ford box written on with a sharpie
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

6s1640

Well actually, Phil Remington came to me in a dream and he told me that the box he found in the race transport, the dual quad air filter element part number C3AZ-9601-C  was the box he used at Green Valley on 2-14-65.  He cut up and put into 5R002 when Ken Miles came in for a pit, telling him the car was running too cold.  The master of problem solving, Phil quickly cut this box up and inserted into the grill, text inward.  In keeping with that approach and staying period correct, I used the same box similar to the one below.  I am please to say, it worked well, but Phil forgot to tell me he put in the upper part of the grill. 

Cory

deathsled

Fantastic photos and liking the taped headlights look.

Richard E.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"