News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

65 GT 350 air cleaner

Started by gt350bp, April 03, 2021, 08:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350bp

Can anyone advise on the best available air cleaner lid for a 65/66 GT 350? I recently bought an ACP air cleaner, but it did not have the correct detents to accept the correct wing nut.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Don
gt350bp

Rickmustang

Don. Buy an original and have it rechromed.
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

gt350bp

I'm sure there is an acceptable reproduction, as my car is not an original, so save the original parts for the original cars. The photo of the air cleaner I bought showed the detents for the wing nut, but were not present on the part I got, so I am sending it back.

Don
gt350bp

whiteykr

I bought one from Virginia Classic Mustang and it has the detents. It is nice and acceptable to me . I also have an original that is being rechromed .

gt350bp

So the EG 124 is the most correct for a 65 GT 350 and your happy with the quality?

whiteykr

Don,
I have EG-145 for a 65 with gold base.But the base does not have the nipple for the hose from the oil fil cap.I have a K car I will use the base on and I had a base with the nipple for my 65.
When you call them make sure they have the correct base you need. EG-124 in my catalog has a blue base.
I think you will be happy with the chrome lid and I had to think long and hard before getting my original rechromed. It was rusty and I do not have it back yet so we will see if I like it.
Hope this helps
Brad

CharlesTurner

Quote from: gt350bp on April 04, 2021, 08:43:31 PM
So the EG 124 is the most correct for a 65 GT 350 and your happy with the quality?

The most correct would be an original assembly line piece, but I'm sure that's not what was being asked.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

gt350bp

Brad,

Thank you! I appreciate your input and will be ordering the EG-124. If it was an original car, there would be no question on getting an original and having it re-chromed.

Thanks to all.

Don
gt350bp

whiteykr

Don,
Your welcome.
That is what this forum is all about, fellow members helping each other. I have been helped by some of the top  knowledable people in SAAC and the least I can do is give my 50 yrs. of experience to help others.
Brad

gt350bp

Brad,

That's the right attitude and the reason I try to help when I can with my 40+ years of Shelby experience. This is the reason I visit the site daily.

Thanks again.

Don
gt350bp