News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

NOS hub caps value

Started by mwilson7, April 03, 2021, 08:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwilson7

Does anyone know the value of a set of original NOS Shelby hubcaps still in the Ford boxes?  Trying to figure out what is reasonable for them.
Mark

Lots of Fords

QuickSilverShelby

When you do figure it out, let me know.  I'd love to get a set for my car.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

CharlesTurner

If they are truly NOS and in nice enough condition to use without touch-up, my guess is $300-500 each, maybe more.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

whiteykr

Since you asked and said reasonable I will give you my answer. They are not a rare part but like Charles said, if NOS ,mint condition, that makes them desirable. If they need nothing,ready to put on the car. Start at $300-350 each. At $500 each I would never buy. I do not need any so I have no skin in the game. I might have $150 in a couple of mine. Others may differ with me on this but price is subjective.
Hope this helps
Brad

69mach351w

Quote from: whiteykr on April 04, 2021, 02:28:55 AM
Since you asked and said reasonable I will give you my answer. They are not a rare part but like Charles said, if NOS ,mint condition, that makes them desirable. If they need nothing,ready to put on the car. Start at $300-350 each. At $500 each I would never buy. I do not need any so I have no skin in the game. I might have $150 in a couple of mine. Others may differ with me on this but price is subjective.
Hope this helps
Brad
You didn't use the word "each", so I'm assuming you mean $75 each? If so, that's Very cheap!!

68blk500c

The last boxed set of four I am aware of that sold on Ebay (a few years ago) went for a little north of $4,000.   

Mike Shally

Can you post some photos of the boxes?
original owner, 68 Shelby judge, MCA Gold Card Judge, MCACN Shelby Judge

roddster

Mike, if you can catch him around here (Chicago/Suburbs) there is a red 68' with them - in a box sitting in his trunk.  I've seen them at the Autobahn CC a couple of times.

whiteykr

Yes, I meant to say $150 each. But I also might have $75 in my other 2. Of course I am talking yrs. ago prices.
Don, did you buy those hubcaps at $4000? If so ,I need to sell you some parts.HaHa
68 hubcaps are not a rare part.
Brad

427hunter

The term NOS is used a lot but seldom properly, NOS means new in original packaging.

"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

TLea

Restored originals are 4-500 each

Rukiddin

"68 hubcaps are not a rare part. "

NOS ones are

Got any?

Rodster-500

whiteykr

Yes I have some. What is your next question?

Rbwiii

I think the Ford box brings additional value....