Author Topic: NOS hub caps value  (Read 5678 times)

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: NOS hub caps value
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2021, 09:24:13 PM »
Not a rare part used 66-70. Repop centers are available to make cheap Ford ones look Shelby.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

68blk500c

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2021, 09:39:20 PM »
Yes, I meant to say $150 each. But I also might have $75 in my other 2. Of course I am talking yrs. ago prices.
Don, did you buy those hubcaps at $4000? If so ,I need to sell you some parts.HaHa
68 hubcaps are not a rare part.
Brad

No, I wasn't the buyer, but someone did pay the price.  There are a surprising number of used caps out there; plenty of those aren't worth saving.  You might have to mix and match several to just get one worth the restoration costs.  I have tossed some in the recycler bin.  Even some NOS caps have issues.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2021, 10:24:38 PM »
Not a rare part used 66-70. Repop centers are available to make cheap Ford ones look Shelby.
Are you referring to the repop emblems or the center section of the hubcap? If you are referring to the emblems then you are not aware that the center section portion of the of the Shelby hubcap protrudes out to conform to the contour of the emblem. The other more common centers are concave and sunk in which is the opposite of the emblem contour. If you are referring to something else please elaborate on the ones you are referring to.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2021, 07:20:08 AM »
I am surprised that no one has asked who IS/WAS the Seller. Pookie (also goes by several other names) has a habit of putting used parts in a Box and calling them NOS.

Not sure if the OP is the seller or interested in buying them.  If seller, who he got them from.

mwilson7

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2021, 12:20:14 PM »
I’m the original person and they are in Ford boxes and are brand new.  Very comfortable with the origin of the parts as there are 3 shelving units of additional NOS Shelby parts with them. I know what everything else is worth just Not familiar with the Shelby hub cap market.

Appreciate everyone’s responses.
Mark

Lots of Fords

427hunter

• SAAC Member
  • Caretaker of 1969 gt500 #602 and 1966 gt350 #853
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2021, 03:14:12 PM »
I’m the original person and they are in Ford boxes and are brand new.  Very comfortable with the origin of the parts as there are 3 shelving units of additional NOS Shelby parts with them. I know what everything else is worth just Not familiar with the Shelby hub cap market.

Appreciate everyone’s responses.

Great please post the photos of the nos caps front and back and the boxes  - then we will all have a proper example to use for future reference.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 03:16:49 PM by 427hunter »
“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means”

Inigo Montoya

“This life’s hard, man, but it’s harder if you’re stupid”

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

mwilson7

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2021, 08:26:50 PM »
When I get them I’ll post.
Mark

Lots of Fords

427hunter

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2021, 09:16:29 PM »
When I get them I’ll post.

You said they were yours, now you are saying they belong to someone else and then you throw in "shelves of other nos shelby parts", sounds a lot like a fishing scam to find suckers looking for nos parts that don't exist.

Inigo Montoya

Jackie Brown

mwilson7

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2021, 09:37:15 PM »
Actually I NEVER said they were mine.  Re-read my post before making such an accusing, pointed comment.

I should have known better than to post here.  I was warned and didn’t listen.

Great place to come for advice.......

I never attempted to sell anything,  just asked what the group thought they were worth.

And yes, there REALLY is shelves of NOS parts and you can bet I wouldn’t sell anything to you with your attitude.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 09:40:02 PM by mwilson7 »
Mark

Lots of Fords

427hunter

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2021, 09:50:06 PM »
Actually I NEVER said they were mine.  Re-read my post before making such an accusing, pointed comment.

I should have known better than to post here.  I was warned and didn’t listen.

Great place to come for advice.......

I never attempted to sell anything,  just asked what the group thought they were worth.

And yes, there REALLY is shelves of NOS parts and you can bet I wouldn’t sell anything to you with your attitude.

Well prove us wrong, post the photos of the 4 boxed nos hubcaps - easy enough to prove and I will be happy to apologize. Nothing personal just trying to protect others.

P.S. the way the scam works is bait is thrown out in the form of a question and people send PM's and buy parts/cars which do not exist.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 09:54:29 PM by 427hunter »

Inigo Montoya

Jackie Brown

mwilson7

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2021, 10:07:31 PM »
And I said I would do that and you jumped all over me. 

I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else here. I simple came for advice and this is how I treated.

What proof do you have that I’m trying to scam anyone?

Mark

Lots of Fords

427hunter

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2021, 10:30:52 PM »
And I said I would do that and you jumped all over me. 

I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else here. I simple came for advice and this is how I treated.

What proof do you have that I’m trying to scam anyone?

I don't, your post just follows pattern that many of us have seen played out before.  I will be happy to apologize - post the photos.

Inigo Montoya

Jackie Brown

mwilson7

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2021, 03:52:12 AM »
I did post the photo that I had but apparently that’s not good enough for you.

Guy comes onto this website asking for advice on how much something is worth  Not claiming he owned the parts nor was attempting to sell them.  Is accused by someone that he DOES own the parts and that he IS trying to sell the part he is merely asking what they would be worth.  Same guy demands he posts MORE pictures or else he is apparently a scammer.

The advice you are providing is if you want help this isn’t the place to come.  Noted.

Apparently you can’t read as I said I was going to post more pictures when I had the parts but apparently that’s not good enough.  Honestly I don’t believe that posting more pictures would prove anything as then you would require that I take a picture with today’s date and perhaps even a copy of this thread to prove that I actually took the picture as the ones I posted wouldn’t be good enough.

I’m done with this conversation.

I appreciate the constructive feedback that others provided.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 03:53:58 AM by mwilson7 »
Mark

Lots of Fords