News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Early ‘68 GT350 302 question . . .

Started by glord, April 04, 2021, 09:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glord

Were all 1968 GT350 302s stamped with partial VINs on the pad behind the driver's cylinder head?  I've seen reference to the effect that some were not.  I have a '68 GT350 built December 11th 1967.  In my case the pad is blank.

Given this was a new requirement in '68 and my car was built relatively early in the model year, I'm wondering if perhaps mine was not stamped.  As opposed to the block being replaced at some point.  I will be pulling the starter to see if the engine is at least date coded properly.

Thank you, Gary

KR500

Gary
I can't say all were but they were supposed to be. I know of a car( 68 GT 350 ) built earlier than yours and the block is VIN stamped. Perhaps you are looking in the wrong place as the 68 small blocks were VIN stamped on the pad on top of the block just behind the rear intake manifold gasket rail.
Rodney
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

glord

Thank you Rodney.  Yes, I've found the pad and appears to be blank.  I will take paint remover to clean it off completely to be sure.

gt350shelb

they are small and faint  if there is paint it  might be hidden / my nov built car has vin  8t    and last 6 of ford vin
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .