News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Headlight Buckets

Started by Bossbill, April 12, 2021, 03:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bossbill

I was looking to see if I had all the correct finishes on the various headlight parts. So I pulled out the various buckets and adjusters [car 01375].

From teardown pics it appears the bucket with the 90 deg. tang is the outside [fender] bucket. Note:  I have inboards.
So I have two buckets with the full 90 deg tang and two with that section cut off.

The Assembly manual shows the tangless buckets used inboard.
Do I have that right?
Bill

67 GT350 Actual Build 3/2/67  01375
70 B302   6/6/70  0T02G160xxx

JD

fender vs grille locations, I think you're right, they were cut-off.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bob Gaines

I'm not sure if there was rhyme or reason. I have seen many with the bracket snipped off in both the inboard and out board location. I have also seen a number of unmolested cars that had the full bracket intact on the inboard. I believe they were all meant to be snipped off especially at the inboard location so that you would not catch your skin by accident on the hanging out bracket. In concours judging given the many survivors I have seen and the variety of snipped off and not snipped off makes it hard in good conscience to give a deduction if they are not snipped off. I think they look better and are safer if they are snipped off.  The large wire harness hole in the bucket is another story. ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bossbill

Quote from: Bob Gaines on April 12, 2021, 05:45:26 PM
I'm not sure if there was rhyme or reason. I have seen many with the bracket snipped off in both the inboard and out board location. I have also seen a number of unmolested cars that had the full bracket intact on the inboard. I believe they were all meant to be snipped off especially at the inboard location so that you would not catch your skin by accident on the hanging out bracket. In concours judging given the many survivors I have seen and the variety of snipped off and not snipped off makes it hard in good conscience to give a deduction if they are not snipped off. I think they look better and are safer if they are snipped off.  The large wire harness hole in the bucket is another story. ;)

I was wondering if they "belonged" in the fender position or inboard position. I think I'll put them in the fender as I see nothing in my pics on the inboard side even if my pics there suck.

Not sure what you meant here. I have all four of the rubber plugs (not shown) as original.
Bill

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Bossbill on April 12, 2021, 07:46:26 PM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on April 12, 2021, 05:45:26 PM

I was wondering if they "belonged" in the fender position or inboard position. I think I'll put them in the fender as I see nothing in my pics on the inboard side even if my pics there suck.

Not sure what you meant here. I have all four of the rubber plugs (not shown) as original.
Unlike the buckets that sometimes were snipped and sometimes not the buckets typically got the large hole added to all of the buckets. The large hole in the bucket can not be seen when mounted in the fender but it is very visible if present or not on the inboards. If missing the large hole and or large rubber grommet in the inboard bucket expect deductions in a concours judged venue . At least at a venue with knowledgeable judges
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bossbill

Got holes, got original plugs in really nice shape. I even have the original small bolts, washers and nylocs for the inboards.

Thanks!
Bill