News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Walk MS event 2021 Fundraising - would you please help?

Started by mark p, April 14, 2021, 09:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark p

I hope that this finds you safe and healthy. The ongoing pandemic certainly continues to have its impact on nearly everything.
As many of you know, my wife has been hit hard by Multiple Sclerosis. Nancy was diagnosed back in the mid-90s while still in her 30's, and it continues to worsen.
For anyone that isn't familiar, this is a nasty disease that is mainly found in women ages about 25 to 50. There is no current prevention or cure.
There is plenty of further info on the National MS Society website, if you'd like to learn more.
The thing that stands out to me the most is the need for research $$...That is the reason I fundraise by doing the Walk MS event every year.
The National MS Society is doing its best to stay on track while keeping everyone safe, and also complying with various Federal and State orders. Thus our local Walk MS event has been switched to a "virtual" event (again), altho officially it is set for 5/1/2021. Apparently there are various interpretations of a virtual walk... I will walk the prescribed 4 miles around our neighborhood - with social distancing, or by myself.
To make a donation - Simply click on the link below, or contact me directly.

Click here to visit my personal page:
https://secure.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR;jsessionid=00000000.app30052a?px=4766859&pg=personal&fr_id=31731&et=7i4wU3QUF0VnvZXlqESeQg&NONCE_TOKEN=4B462375831E50DB691735CAACFF603C
we're grateful that SAAC members have been extremely generous in the past, I'm hoping for more of the same  :)
Any donations will be helpful and appreciated.
Thanks, Mark
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Bill

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

mark p

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

Bill

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

SFM6S087

We were able to donate a little more this time around. And happy to do it.

Thank you for sharing your story and making this personal for me. With so many worthy organizations asking for donations, it sometimes takes a personal link to make me realize how important a particular cause is.

KR Convertible

mark p

Don Johnston

Have a good walk.  Thank you for being part of the event.

Aloha,
Don  8)

mark p

Thanks Don.
I am committed to doing my part to make the Walk a success... the support from this forum is  fantastic  8) (again this year).

mark p

Another successful Walk MS - completed  8)
The designated day for Walk MS yesterday offered picture-perfect weather for a [NON] "Virtual" Event. Sunny with a light breeze and a temperature in the mid-60's made for a gorgeous afternoon.

I was joined by our younger daughter Sandra for the Walk around our neighborhood. We logged 4.2 miles per my iPhone health app, her Android/Pixel phone said 5.2 miles... hmmmm  ???

My fundraising for 2021 exceeded all expectations – THANK YOU to all donors. The support from SAAC folks is phenomenal, and is greatly appreciated. The overall numbers – Teams and individual Walkers – appears to be far less than other years – I'm hoping that our efforts will help to make up for the fewer participants.

(and yes - of course, there is still time to donate – in case you still "want in" - link is in original post)

mark p

Update... I should have used a larger font...
The support from SAAC folks is phenomenal, is greatly appreciated, and also overwhelming!
Thanks again!!
Mark & Nancy