News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

S2MS Intake Manifold

Started by shelbyman, April 15, 2021, 11:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbyman

Quote from: terlingua11 on April 16, 2021, 12:32:46 PM
Seems like Bring A Trailer ( BAT ) has done a nice job lately with the Shelby's lately. You might want to discuss speaking with them on how to list it with a reserve you feel comfortable with and then letting those who really want it to pay what they feel it's worth. No different than 2 guys in a room at an auction house and they both want something.This then takes the "who to sell it to" out of the equation and it's on a public forum for anyone to bid-

You know that might be a good idea.  I'm checking with BaT if the listing price is the same for parts as it is for vehicles.  There are some other options out there...of course Epay...offer up...etc.   We'll see if about it if I decide to sell it.

shelbyman

You know something I didn't think to ask was what is the meaning of  AW L stamped on the bottom casting boss on this intake?  Thanks

shelbydoug

Those are the machinests markings.

My manifold says OE for Offenhauser Engineering. I'm not aware of who AW is but I'd suspect that JD or Randy do?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

JD

That is my understanding too, others will know more.

Some more of the same and others...
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

JD

more...
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

shelbyman

Good morning guys.  I wanted to tell all of you that are interested in the intake manifold I have that I have decided I to sell it.  I was trying to come up with a fair way to give you all an equal shot at it.   I think it deserves to go to an enthusiast that has one of the cars. 

The method I have come up with should be fair to all.   I will set a time frame that will end 1 week from today at noon time (12PM) Monday May 17th.   I would like for those interested to send me a private msg with their bid.   What I will do is post a public response here what the highest bid is but will not revel any names.  If you would like to make a higher bid just send me a pvt msg and I will again post what the highest bid is publicly so you all will know.   I will do this until 12PM noon time on Monday May 17th.   At that time I will stop taking bids and let the high bidder know hes got the intake and we can arrange for payment and shipping.  I would think $30 for shipping would be pretty fair...its large and kinda heavy.     I hope this is satisfactory and fair to all of you.    Good luck to all.   

It's been brought to light I need to have a minimum bid increase for this to move along smoothly.  So I'm putting in a minimum increase of $25 over the last public announcement of a bid figure.  We'll see how that goes. Thanks. 

Something else has been brought to light.  Last minute bids.  So to be fair to all any bids within the last 2 minutes will reset the clock to 2 minutes...just like BaT.   You'll have to put up with me posting the bid amount on here so give me a bit of leeway but I will be fair to all.   Thanks very much. 

gt350hr

I will only offer that I hope it goes to a car that it belongs on.
       Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

shelbyman

I agree Randy....thats why I'm putting it on here.

shelbyman

Ok everyone I have a bid of $1000. 

shelbyman

Everyone I have just received a bid of $1700.

shelbyman

I just edited my auction rules post so be sure to check it out.  Thanks.

shelbyman

shelbyman

The auction is over.   The winning bid was $1725.   Thanks to all who participated.

shelbyman

Quote from: TJinSA on May 17, 2021, 04:57:39 PM
Noooooooo :o

Why do you mean nooooooooooooooo....???    It was an auction.

Greg

Congratulations, that was a fair process and a fair winning bid.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1