News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

S2MS Intake Manifold

Started by shelbyman, April 15, 2021, 11:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbyman

Good morning...   I was going through my garage and came across an S2MS intake in great condition.  I forgot I've had it for a very long time.  It was tumbled and has a great finish on it.  I was wondering if anyone what they are worth these days.  I've been looking a bit on ebay and see they are being reproduced.  Any guesses would be appreciated.   I'll try to post some pics....hoping that goes well... ;D

gt350hr

Yours is an "early production" '66 , used on cars after 252 , and more like the 270-280 range up to 7-800 "IIRC". Earlier manifolds were "small letter"( '65 style ) and later ones had the "A" cut on a slant for clearance purposes. "That" manifold has never been reproduced and I have seen several "appeals" here for one in the past. Performance wise there is no difference.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

TJinSA

PM sent. In search for same!
Tom Kubler
6S296

s2ms

+1 to everything Randy said.

That is the rarest S2MS intake version. According to the 66 intake survey thread only 8 people reported having this as the original intake on their cars, the earliest reported is in the late 200's and the latest in the mid 500's. I identified this style as version 66.1  The first reported next version, 66.2, is in the mid 800's. Please let me know if you know which car this came from, it would be very helpful to add to the survey data.

Page 3 of the survey thread has a chart showing the version distribution to this point: https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=4353.30

Thanks,
Dave
Dave - 6S1757

shelbyman

Quote from: s2ms on April 15, 2021, 01:10:14 PM
+1 to everything Randy said.

That is the rarest S2Ms intake version. According to the 66 intake survey thread only 8 people reported having this as the original intake on their cars, the earliest reported is in the late 200's and the latest in the mid 500's. I id's this style as version 66.1  The first reported next version, 66.2 is in the early 900's. Please let me know if you know which car this came from, it would be very helpful to add to the survey data.

Page 3 of the survey thread has a chart showing the version distribution to this point: https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=4353.30

Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave
Thanks for the great info about this manifold.  I'm sorry I can't provide you with more info on what car it came from.  I would have purchased this many years ago when I had my 66.  Not sure actually what made me buy it other than it was in great shape.  Maybe a backup for my car but my car was numbered in the 2300's very late in the production run.  I'll check out the link you sent.  Thanks for posting this message.
Sandy

GT350Lad

Yes a rare intake, not many around, it's the same type #373 has. There are are a few guys in my cats range on the hunt
Nice one
6S373
6S1276

gt350hr

477 has this same intake on it's original engine.

GT350Lad

Quote from: gt350hr on April 15, 2021, 04:02:22 PM
   477 has this same intake on it's original engine.

That's the range we are in Randy. We did a survey From memory, Jeff will know. Not sure if it was in forum 1.0 or 2.0?

6S373
6S1276

gt350hr

GT350Lad

6S373
6S1276

GT350Lad

6S373
6S1276

Karguy

Good morning Shelbyman. Sending you a PM alone with my phone number. Please get in touch at your earliest convenience.
Thanks, Karl
6S281
6S281, in my family from 1972-1983. Back home January 2017, will not leave again!

shelbyman

Good morning gentlemen.  I feel compelled to send a message to everyone because I never dreamed I would have stirred up so much interest with this post.  It seems this is in very big demand.  At this point I'm not sure what I want to do with it.  And if I did put it up for sale I'm not sure right now how to give everyone a fair shot at it.  I'm open to suggestions on that.   It would be nice to know it would be used on a car in the correct number range but really that is immaterial if am to sell it.   Anyway I do really appreciate everyone's feedback on this.  There are soooooo many very knowledgeable people on here!!!

terlingua11

Seems like Bring A Trailer ( BAT ) has done a nice job lately with the Shelby's lately. You might want to discuss speaking with them on how to list it with a reserve you feel comfortable with and then letting those who really want it to pay what they feel it's worth. No different than 2 guys in a room at an auction house and they both want something.This then takes the "who to sell it to" out of the equation and it's on a public forum for anyone to bid-
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R