News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Grill Emblem for 1965 GT 350

Started by DRGT350, April 16, 2021, 01:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRGT350

Gentlemen -

Is there a proper or "correct" hardware to attach the grill emblem on a 65 GT 350?  Any pictures would be helpful also !

Thank you,

Dave

CharlesTurner

Check with Brant at VA Mustang.  They list the 66 clips on their website.  65 uses the small push-on's without the other larger pieces.

https://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/66-GT-350-GRILL-EMBLEM-CLIP-SET-P1988.aspx
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

texas swede

Dave, On my car 5S275, the grill emblem is held by small push on clips and round washers.
Texas Swede

DRGT350

mygt350

Bo, would love to see picture of the washers on your front emblem.
Thanks
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

texas swede

Hi Martin,
Took a picture today but it didn't come out that good but if you increase the size
you can se it.
Texas Swede

pmustang

I can tell you the Scott drake ones come with push on clips that are too large and don't work

JD

Here is Texas Swede's image with some adjustment to hopefully make it easier to see the washers and push-on "speed clips"...
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

mygt350

Perfect Bo and JD. Unknowing might attach horse to grill without the washers.....Guess how I know....

mygt350

If you order the Scott Drake kit from Virginia Classic, it comes with 3 press on nuts, horse has 4 prongs ....

mygt350

Were the original washers painted or coated in any manner?

texas swede

Mine are cadmium planted as far as I can tell. As regards the clips, it has to be understood
that original emblems C4 marked has much thinner pins than the replacements C8 marked.
The one on my car is C4.
Texas Swede

s2ms

Quote from: mygt350 on April 17, 2021, 10:46:38 AM
If you order the Scott Drake kit from Virginia Classic, it comes with 3 press on nuts, horse has 4 prongs ....

When used on the 66 grille only 3 of the pins (upper, and 2 side pins) are used. IIRC there are some interference issues with the bottom pin. For a while I used a C8 service replacement and had to cut the lower pin off since they are thicker as Bo mentions. Now using an original C4 emblem which fits without removing the lower pin but it's still close, right next to the grille bar...

Dave
Dave - 6S1757

mygt350

The 3 brackets in the Virginia kit are not used on a 65 honeycomb grill. Just the flat retaining nuts. Kit has 3 small flat nuts and the small pin horse has 4 prongs.

mygt350

Would like to get couple owners of real 65 GT350 to see if they can take look at the washers on the grille running horse and let me know what the washers are coated with and the outside diameter of the washers.
Thanks