News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

68 oil pressure gauge wiring

Started by Corey Bowcutt, April 21, 2021, 06:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corey Bowcutt

Some PO I presume ran a discrete wire from the console oil pressure gauge on my 68 GT350 thru the firewall and to the pressure sensor on the engine.  The original white with red stripe wire is still there it was just black taped up and not used.  I am guessing this is not correct?  Can anyone tell me how the original oil pressure gauge was wired into this white with red stipe wire?  I can see under the dash where this wire comes thru the firewall and joins the main wire harness but lose it after that.  I presume it goes to an oil pressure light on the dash?  If so how did they tap into it to run the oil pressure gauge?

Thank you,

Corey

TLea

Corey, original white with the red tracer wire on the engine harness is either taped back in of the harness or can be just cut. Shelby added an auxiliary harness that feeds a new white with red stripe wire through the firewall all the way to the oil sender. On the inside of the car the end of that white with red stripe wire goes to one side of the oil pressure gauge and there is another wire that is green with a black tracer that goes to the other side of the gauge and then gets plugged into the yellow try tap near the fuse box

Corey Bowcutt

Interesting. Thank you Tim. So what is in my car is not far from correct it sounds like.
Does anyone reproduce that Shelby oil pressure gauge wire harness?
Corey

CharlesTurner

Wasn't Pete D. offering these in the past?
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge