News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

finish on hood to cowl seal bracket

Started by DRGT350, April 23, 2021, 05:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRGT350

Gentlemen -

What is the proper finish on the hood to cowl seal bracket and thee Philips screws that attach it?

Mine were  bead blasted and cleared years ago..

Thanks !

Dave

DRGT350

Hopefully attached a picture of the bracket here

J_Speegle

Here are a number of pictures from unrestored 66 San Jose examples

The thin P & O finish on screws did not hold up well over time. P & O on the supports was likely the darker magnesium phosphate given how dark they look

There have been small handful (no pattern determined yet) that have been found painted - possibly a minor and less used provider. Notice the lower right corner in the bottom picture looks like it is the only one painted and the finish has chipped off in two place (added during edit)  - a very late Jan 66 car. Not IMHO typical and if you go that route be prepared to explain
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

DRGT350

JD

Jeff, thanks for the images and for explaining what cars this relates to.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

J_Speegle

Your welcome. Just trying to represent what has been found and suggest that without evidence one would be smart to choose what was typically done - rather than being different just for being different

DRGT350/Dave - Sorry the response was off target. Forgot again that your working on a 65 and that wasn't mentioned in the title or first post so my mind trailed along with what I had been involved with prior to responding. Will post when I'm a bit more alert and awake
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge