News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

The Mustang is coming to an end

Started by 427heaven, April 24, 2021, 05:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

427heaven

After a fantastic run Ford is going to conclude building their famous Mustang on may 7-10. Probably to focus on their new electric vehicles. We knew it was coming well its finally here! :-X

98SVT - was 06GT

It's due to a shortage of computer chips. Stop is said to be for only a week. They have also pulled some of the content from the F150 rather than stop production of their best seller.

Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Don Johnston

Okay, stop buying Xboxes and cell phones so there are more chips for new cars.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/23/business/auto-semiconductors-general-motors-mercedes.html

Oh dear, no e-cars for awhile I guess.

Good thing I have some cars from the '60s.  They don't need no stinking chips! 8)

427heaven

I dont always need chips... but when I do, I prefer them with a bowl of salsa.

67 GT350

RARE  Signature Delete

Don Johnston

South Korea and Taiwan, but, yes, we did it by pricing our  production out of the competition due to high business costs.  Plus US manufacturers wanted to go where they could survive in a world market. Now they need subsidies if they want to be able to compete by bringing the factories back home.   8)

Rodster-500

IBM 'sold' the East Fishkill NY semiconductor chip plant to a Taiwan company, Global Foundries and gave them $1B to take it. 

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: 427heaven on April 24, 2021, 06:54:43 PM
I dont always need chips... but when I do, I prefer them with a bowl of salsa.
or a cookie

shelbydoug

Ford has retained, killed, then brought back names before.

They beat the Cobra name to death. Why not the Mustang too?

It all depends on who is in charge over there today and then tomorrow? No one knows for sure.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

427heaven

Its my belief they understand the Mustang was created for excitement, it was not intended to be just another vehicle created for a soccer mom running the kids to practice, another vehicle that if you took the badges off you wouldnt know what it is. Look at the weird designs that have been, and will be failures, the EDGE-NEW BRONCO- NEW MUSTANG-FOCUS they all have negative feedback. Time for some excitement and new designers, not the same old S--T boxes of yesteryear.

gt350hr

It's their only CAR , don't expect it to go away any time soon. NasCAR still has to be a CAR . not a SUV/truck.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

67 GT350

Quote from: Rodster-500 on April 24, 2021, 11:52:16 PM
IBM 'sold' the East Fishkill NY semiconductor chip plant to a Taiwan company, Global Foundries and gave them $1B to take it.

IBM sold out its Birthplace. Endicott (Emptycott), NY where it all started.

But we must have like all this selling out, because the ONE guy who was trying to put an end to the selling out of America was voted out? Remember that totally honest election, the totally honest reporting media? Hunter, who?
Look at the BIG corps, for some reason they do not want election re-form....And YES Ford does not want it either. "Let the "chips" fall where they might!"
RARE  Signature Delete

roddster

Somehow it's April first all over again.

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: 427heaven on April 25, 2021, 09:39:45 AM
Its my belief they understand the Mustang was created for excitement, it was not intended to be just another vehicle created for a soccer mom running the kids to practice, another vehicle that if you took the badges off you wouldnt know what it is. Look at the weird designs that have been, and will be failures, the EDGE-NEW BRONCO- NEW MUSTANG-FOCUS they all have negative feedback. Time for some excitement and new designers, not the same old S--T boxes of yesteryear.
Originally Mustang was created for only one reason - to sell cars. That was and is Ford's ONLY goal. There was zero excitement involved. It was intended to be a cheap cute youthful car for secretaries who didn't want to drive a stodgy old Falcon. They found when they stepped up the performance that men wanted it too. The current board at Ford has gone full green new deal and is blurring the lines of what their historical names represented and what they will become. They learned from the pure and simple fact that SVT Mustangs didn't sell well. When they stuck the Cobra name on it they sold a little better. Finally they hired Shelby to front for a car he had zero input in the development and Mustang sales were reborn. It was the history of the name that drove sales not the car itself. The Mustang is still such a hot seller they are hoping some of it's magic will rub off on what is nothing more than a stodgy utilitarian grocery getter. I'm waiting for the Stroppe Bronco - if it has 2 doors and a V8 I'm in.

67 GT350

Quote from: roddster on April 25, 2021, 12:20:44 PM
Somehow it's April first all over again.

Its just like a mix of Ground Hog day and April 1st Everyday until 2022
RARE  Signature Delete