News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Looking to build out a 67 BME TA Cougar Replica... Need these parts...

Started by PrettyMuchAShelbyGuy, April 25, 2021, 03:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrettyMuchAShelbyGuy

I am in the DFW area.  Looking for the following.  When I do a replica, I like to do it 'right'.  Will be needing may of these parts/components.  Let me know what you have & what you want please..  Jim was always my immediate go-to when I needed something and none of my local contacts had it.  He always did a great job hooking me up with needed items in the past, and I was extremely sad to learn that he recently passed away.  Glad I took the time to stop by his place in 2012 when I was on a business trip in GB.  RIP Jim!

Also, as far as the aftermarket FI systems (vs. a 715), what are peoples experience?  Looking at ease of use to install/tune/run, and 2). How well do they work on track; e.g. starvation, etc.  Appreciate any thoughts.

Thank you in advance!!!

Wheels (Minilites (Maybe Mag Star's or wide steel wheels?) 15 x 7 front, 15 x 8 Rear

Tires BFG TA's – What size for front/rear that won't rub? How wide can I go?

Distributor; Dual point FoMoCo or period Mallory, Magneto? etc. (something w/o vacuum advance) (May have a period Mallory) Dual Points are just sky-high now...

Intake; open here.  (Believe I have locally, not sure)

Aluminum water pump

Front pulley set, brackets (alternator & AC, etc.) Compressor AC tag, bolts, etc. (Believe I have locally)

High energy alternator w/large pulley (Believe I have sourced)

9" Rear with TracLoc/31 spline; 3.50:1

Drive Shaft (balanced w/new u-joints) (May have locally)

Gas tank (size?). W/FI or w/o?

Carb or EFI kit?

Seats w/mounts (Sparco's/or vintage?)

Door panels?  Or aluminum w/pulls?

3 spoke (67) wheel black or red?

Hood – fiberglass?

Trunk – fiberglass?

289/302 long block. Needs to have the bell crank ball w/28 ounce balance – Stroker?

Headers/exhaust (DST, Tri-Y, Hooker or?) SS or coated?

Kevin Marti stuff (belts/hoses/regulator/solenoid/radiator cap, plug wires, etc.)

Valve covers?  TA/Comp? or?

Canton or Avaid pan (May have 1 local)

Oil Cooler (Harrison Style) or Fluidyne

Talbot mirrors (2)

BME Cougar livery/stickers, etc. (Think I have a go-to for this stuff)

Tom - DFW, Texas

Bill

Classifieds-Wanted forum= parts or cars wanted

Discussion on building a replica or tribute on this subject can be found here:  ;)
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=14809.0
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

PrettyMuchAShelbyGuy

Bill-

Thank you for the moderation!  I realized quickly that was a handful of topics in that initial post.  Too much background detail was working against me.
Tom - DFW, Texas