News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

69 eye brow moldings

Started by Gregory177, May 02, 2021, 05:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory177

I am hoping someone can help me identify if I have two after market set of moldings or if one of the set is possibly original. Thank you in advance for any help. Also one set has spot weld dimples one does not.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Gregory177 on May 02, 2021, 05:03:08 PM
I am hoping someone can help me identify if I have two after market set of moldings or if one of the set is possibly original. Thank you in advance for any help. Also one set has spot weld dimples one does not.
I have not ever seen or heard tell of the repro eyebrow moldings with the spot weld dimples. I have seen original moldings that had very minor almost undetectable evidence of the spot welds and also re chromed original versions where the detail was virtually polished out . 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Gregory177

Thank you for your response Bob. one set has brackets soldered in and one set tacked in.They both came in a box in trunk of car. The box they were in indicated they came from Branda in 07/08. Just trying to figure out the best most accurate set tu use.

Special Ed

The dimpled spot weld is what was installed at aosmith and early autolite boxed nos but the replacements never had the spot weld dimples and looked better so it depends on if u wants to be concours correct or the better looking replacements as both were made by the original vendor.