News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Build Sheet Tape

Started by Bob Gaines, May 04, 2021, 05:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

I saw this detail in a recent thread on another subject and rather then going in the weeds i thought it would be easy to search for later if I pointed out the assemblyline detail in a new thread. In The picture there is black tape coming from under the fender over to the shock tower. I have seen this before. That tape typically held one of the build sheets used on the Dearborn line. I have seen remnants of this tape many times on survivor 69/70 Shelby's . Not every car had the tape left on it seems because I have seen many survivor cars that did not have the tape visible. It must have been removed when the build sheet was pulled off or any visible remnant taken off possibly at AO Smith prior to putting the fender one. I don't think it was a high priority to remove because it can be found on many cars. I have found small scraps of build sheet paper with its distinct printing design still attached to the tape on the wheel well side . The length of tape and exact placement varied some what from my observations. I have seen as little as just 1/4 sticking out from under the fender to the amount seen in the picture which is on the longer end of the scale seen at least by me.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

Have seen and have pictures of the same. Guess It depended if the worker assigned pulled up, out or up when they removed them
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge