News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Convertible Top Height?

Started by 1968, May 04, 2021, 06:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Can anyone give me an approximate minimum height the interior of the convertible top should be above the roll bar at the center of the roll bar with the top up?  My top seems a little low and I think one of the convertible top bows might be tilted a little downward and need adjustment.  Also, is there any good reference on convertible top adjustment for a '68?

Thanks!

JWH

I just measured and the bow sits almost exactly 1" above the top of the roll bar on our car. That 1" space is very even all the way across the top.
       Please note, I am not saying that is what the specs are, just reporting how the top sits on our car. Hopefully, TLea and others will chime in.
Jeff

TLea

1" is about right. Your #1&2 bows should be 90° to the top of the frame.  If they aren't bow sleeves are in wrong position

Thanks.  My top has been down with the car in the garage for a long time, plus the top has a few years on it.  I notice that the side frames are not completely horizontal when the top is up, so I am going to leave it up for a while and see if it stretches out some.