News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1969 GT500 - 9F02R480097 - on BAT

Started by silverton_ford, May 27, 2021, 11:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverton_ford

Only a couple miles from my house.  Let me know if you need someone to look at it for you.

Link - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1969-shelby-mustang-gt500-6/

This 1969 Shelby Mustang GT500 was delivered new to Frontier Motors of Rapid City, South Dakota and is said to have undergone a refurbishment prior to its acquisition by the selling dealer around three years ago. Finished in Royal Maroon over white vinyl upholstery, the car is powered by a numbers-matching 428ci Cobra Jet V8 paired with a four-speed close ratio manual transmission and a 3.50 Traction-Lok limited-slip differential. Additional equipment includes an AM radio, a roll bar, power steering, front disc brakes, 15" alloy wheels, a Sport Deck rear seat, and front fog lamps. This GT500 is being offered by the selling dealer in Salem, Oregon with two build sheets, an order invoice, a Deluxe Marti report, and a clean Minnesota title.

Finished in Royal Maroon (B5) with a blackout hood treatment from the factory, the car is said to have been repainted during prior ownership and features GT500 white vinyl side stripes. Additional equipment includes three NACA ducts on the hood, a retractable antenna, factory-optional tinted glass, body-colored side-view mirrors, central exhaust outlets, front fog lights, and chrome bumpers.

The 15" five-spoke alloy wheels feature gray-painted centers with polished lips and are wrapped in white-letter Goodyear Polyglas GT tires. A spare is found in the trunk, and braking is through power-assisted front discs with rear drums.

The cabin features front bucket seats and a Sport Deck rear seat trimmed in white Clarion knit vinyl with matching door panels and black carpets protected by red plastic floor mats. Faux woodgrain trim accents the dash and doors, and amenities include a roll bar, a Philco push-button AM radio, analog clock, center console, power steering, and lap belts for all occupants.

A faux wood-rimmed three-spoke steering wheel frames instrumentation including a 140-mph speedometer, an 8k-rpm tachometer, and auxiliary gauges for coolant temperature and fuel level. Additional displays for oil pressure and voltage are found in the center console, and the five-digit odometer shows just under 92k miles, around 50 of which have been added during current ownership. Total mileage is unknown.

The numbers-matching 428ci Cobra Jet V8 is said to have been rebuilt during the refurbishment and sends power to the rear wheels through a four-speed close ratio manual transmission and a Traction-Lok differential with 3.50:1 gearing.

silverton_ford

427hunter

someone got a very good deal, very nice car!
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

shelbymann1970

Quote from: 427hunter on June 01, 2021, 10:56:24 PM
someone got a very good deal, very nice car!
there were more than a few little mistakes but to me they didn't take off the value of a non concours car. Beautiful car. I figured privately 120K min but thought it would hit 130K because of how clean it was and being a 4 speed.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

FL SAAC

Looks clean,  nice car buck twenty not bad for a 4 speed
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

shelbydoug

It's a very nice car and I think was well bought.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!