News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Mecum - Indianapolis 2021 - SHELBY Products 1962-1970

Started by silverton_ford, May 05, 2021, 12:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67 GT350

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on June 01, 2021, 08:50:12 AM
Quote from: 67 GT350 on June 01, 2021, 08:28:14 AM
Hagerty is high, switch your cars to American Classic Insurance.....been there now for years and they are much less money.
Thank you. Have you ever had a claim? With Hagerty they are pretty stand up on their claims. I had had 3 "weird" claims they paid out on over the years. Gary

No, never a claim, but it seems reasonable to me. When I call, I will get a live person and there is a number on the prompt for filing a claim. All the girls I have talked with seem good, and it just seems easier.
My friend who has a 65 GT350 just insured his and he called Hagerty, his quote was a lot, and he called American Collector and saved a lot.
Insurance is one of those thing that you can pay and pay and never need.
RARE  Signature Delete

shelbymann1970

Quote from: 67 GT350 on June 01, 2021, 10:19:22 AM
Hagerty is high, switch your cars to American Classic Insurance.....been there now for years and they are much less money.
Thank you. Have you ever had a claim? With Hagerty they are pretty stand up on their claims. I had had 3 "weird" claims they paid out on over the years. Gary

No, never a claim, but it seems reasonable to me. When I call, I will get a live person and there is a number on the prompt for filing a claim. All the girls I have talked with seem good, and it just seems easier.
My friend who has a 65 GT350 just insured his and he called Hagerty, his quote was a lot, and he called American Collector and saved a lot.
My bro once said "what a business, you give them a boatload of money and they give you a piece of paper and you hope if you ever need it the piece of paper will be good". Thank my policy is up on July first and Hagerty is already sending me a lot of Emails saying my payment is due. Well no it isn't .It is due by July 1 when my renewal is. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Tired Sheep

I had them for 20 plus years

Shopped around and saved about 30%

Im with another specialty company now

67 GT350

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on June 01, 2021, 10:26:04 AM

My bro once said "what a business, you give them a boatload of money and they give you a piece of paper and you hope if you ever need it the piece of paper will be good". Thank my policy is up on July first and Hagerty is already sending me a lot of Emails saying my payment is due. Well no it isn't .It is due by July 1 when my renewal is. Gary

I am not connected with any INS company, I am not a fan of them. One hopes that it will work when you need it.

On the everyday side of car ins. We are insured through Nationwide, I have been with them for over 35 years. We moved, signed up with them, and they gave us these things that you plug into the computer port, to which we thought OK we can do that for 4 months, which is what we were told. I like to put my cars of a tender when not driving them, as of now NONE will charge up with the tender, because of that gizmo. I have had a few dead cars because of that, thus I have to start them and drive them a little....I have a 2002 Thunderbird, a 2014 FJ Cruiser and I have to watch them or they will go dead. The other cars we drive so there is no issue. When the 4 months came up, they said it was to go 6 months so here we are, "the water just got a little hotter." Anyway when I told them that I was getting dead batteries due to not being able to charge them, you would have thought I was speaking a different language. They simply did not understand what I was telling them. They got until July and we are going to proclaim our freedom from stupid plug in monitors!
RARE  Signature Delete

Tired Sheep

No way would I ever sellout my driving info for a cheaper rate

They will only use it against you

JD

Quote from: Tired Sheep on June 01, 2021, 11:20:35 AM
No way would I ever sellout my driving info for a cheaper rate

They will be nly use it against you

+1
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

TOBKOB

I have 6 cars insured with Hagerty, no claims, and I feel like I pay a reasonable price. I always get a live person ( always very pleasant )to speak with when I have a question.

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

shelbymann1970

Quote from: TOBKOB on June 02, 2021, 08:57:43 AM
I have 6 cars insured with Hagerty, no claims, and I feel like I pay a reasonable price. I always get a live person ( always very pleasant )to speak with when I have a question.

TOB
Well after talking to someone at American classic insurance my rate would be 1170(which includes towing and labor care gold which I do not think I need) and Hagerty is 1544. I can cancel my collision at anytime(comp only) and reinstate it at anytime. Hagerty's policy is if you cancel your collision it must be for a min of 1 year. I had a lot of hassles over the years knocking down my collision with Hagery as my cars do not leave the garage from Nov-April usually. Their latest policy when I knocked my collision off my Shelby was 1 year min in Oct 2019 but kept if off the road since then. I have had Hagerty for over 20 years now. 3 claims that were paid to a high standard. I like Hagerty but the savings is about 25 percent with ACI. Any thoughts?
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

FL SAAC

Quote from: 67 GT350 on June 01, 2021, 10:47:18 AM

I am not connected with any INS company, I am not a fan of them. One hopes that it will work when you need it.

On the everyday side of car ins. We are insured through Nationwide, I have been with them for over 35 years. We moved, signed up with them, and they gave us these things that you plug into the computer port, to which we thought OK we can do that for 4 months, which is what we were told. I like to put my cars of a tender when not driving them, as of now NONE will charge up with the tender, because of that gizmo. I have had a few dead cars because of that, thus I have to start them and drive them a little....I have a 2002 Thunderbird, a 2014 FJ Cruiser and I have to watch them or they will go dead. The other cars we drive so there is no issue. When the 4 months came up, they said it was to go 6 months so here we are, "the water just got a little hotter." Anyway when I told them that I was getting dead batteries due to not being able to charge them, you would have thought I was speaking a different language. They simply did not understand what I was telling them. They got until July and we are going to proclaim our freedom from stupid plug in monitors!

those monitors you installed on your vehicles track every time you start and stop, where you went,  how fast you went, any sudden stops or acceleration, how long you where at your stops.....no bueno !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

67 GT350

Quote from: FL SAAC on June 02, 2021, 05:40:26 PM
Quote from: 67 GT350 on June 01, 2021, 10:47:18 AM

those monitors you installed on your vehicles track every time you start and stop, where you went,  how fast you went, any sudden stops or acceleration, how long you where at your stops.....no bueno !

We were told that it only measures fast acceleration and hard braking, so far we are saving 30 to 40% because we are good drivers, it also measures if you are out late night, which we are not. So far so good. It is only until July. 6 months.
RARE  Signature Delete