News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Recommendations for clutch system.

Started by SFcarbuff, May 06, 2021, 01:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFcarbuff

Hi, I am kooking for recommendations for a clutch, pressure plate and bearing for my 1966.  The car is used mainly on the street.  Thanks

s2ms

I've been using a Centerforce Dual Friction setup my 66 since 1995, don't think I'd ever use anything else.
Dave - 6S1757

6s1802

SFcarbuff

Thanks to all.  Center Force was unanimous by posting and personal messages.

Jbarela

Does the center force feel stock in regards to pedal pressure, aside from wishing our car was a hertz for an automatic, need a clutch that does not kill my hip and knee.

jamesfee

The Centerforce is a diaphragm type clutch disc with the added benefit of moveable weights on the "fingers" to assist with weight balance at higher RPM. The stock OEM was a 3 finger Long Type. The OEM clutch would load the pedal pressure as you added heavier duty clutch units and had a nasty habit of wearing out (or breaking) the pot-metal bushing under the dash - it only had a plastic, anti-friction liner. Initially we went to pillow-block bearings for the clutch shaft, but the Centerforce design made that less necessary and is a lot easier to drive with.

jim
6S1801