News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

68 GT350 parts wanted auto vert. UPDATED

Started by shelbymann1970, May 26, 2021, 12:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Special Ed on June 09, 2021, 08:23:19 AM
I have cars and parts in 10 spots within 5 miles of my house over last 40 years and when i put a part somewhere i remember where its at  BUT when other people move your inventory they dont care where  they put it or what it is to them its just another part. So hopefully my next move i will find parts that are buried that i havent been able to find. This mainly happened last oct when people helped me get ready for the tour from our french lick indiana fall classic show as we had car guys come in from all over usa and i was too busy working on cars for show and couldnt help but they did a good job moving things around so people could see some of my junk!!
I just found out 2 national tire chains in my area would not mount a F-70-14 polyglas 60-70s tire on a rim as a spare. Corporate policy for tires over 10 years old. Funny all these decades of mounting old tires I never heard of them blowing up. I told them I'd fill it at home but nope, that is their policy. I hope you have your own tire changer and balancer for all those tires you have. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Special Ed

No i dont have a tire changer  BUT got many connections.

CharlesTurner

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on June 09, 2021, 08:28:33 AM
I just found out 2 national tire chains in my area would not mount a F-70-14 polyglas 60-70s tire on a rim as a spare. Corporate policy for tires over 10 years old. Funny all these decades of mounting old tires I never heard of them blowing up. I told them I'd fill it at home but nope, that is their policy. I hope you have your own tire changer and balancer for all those tires you have. Gary

Should be plenty of independent, mom/pop tire or automotive businesses still around to handle it.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Scott Fuller

For exhaust you need H-pipe, resonator pipes, date coded muffler, tailpipes and Shelby tips.  Clamps and hangers.

Tailpipes are probably the easiest.  Like Ed said, he has them.  Clamps and hangers not too tough if you can deal with used original with some pitting.

H-pipe next easiest.

Rest is going to be pretty hard to find at any price.  Last original assembly line muffler I saw sell with production date (not service) was $2K I think.

Later service NOS parts are often not like assembly line parts. 

Scott Fuller

Scott Fuller

BTW Ed, those parts you can't find I took when you weren't looking.

Scott

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Scott Fuller on June 09, 2021, 11:39:43 AM
For exhaust you need H-pipe, resonator pipes, date coded muffler, tailpipes and Shelby tips.  Clamps and hangers.

Tailpipes are probably the easiest.  Like Ed said, he has them.  Clamps and hangers not too tough if you can deal with used original with some pitting.

H-pipe next easiest.

Rest is going to be pretty hard to find at any price.  Last original assembly line muffler I saw sell with production date (not service) was $2K I think.

Later service NOS parts are often not like assembly line parts. 

Scott Fuller
Thanks Scott. What he can't find original he will be buying Scott Fuller pieces or I am not helping him with the restoration.  :) I bet he doesn't have those 68 vert drain plugs.  Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

TA Coupe

I guess I'd better look into this where I live because I have a couple hundred tires and wheels and I need to get a bunch of them mounted up just for car shows and stuff.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

Scott Fuller

[/quote]Thanks Scott. What he can't find original he will be buying Scott Fuller pieces or I am not helping him with the restoration.  :) I bet he doesn't have those 68 vert drain plugs.  Gary
[/quote]

Yep, those floor pan plugs will be tough to find too.  Might have to buy a nice original car to get them.  That's what I used to do to get trunk mats.  Find nice original cars (coupes) and buy them for the mat.

Scott

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Scott Fuller on June 10, 2021, 10:12:17 AM

Thanks Scott. What he can't find original he will be buying Scott Fuller pieces or I am not helping him with the restoration.  :) I bet he doesn't have those 68 vert drain plugs.  Gary
[/quote]

Yep, those floor pan plugs will be tough to find too.  Might have to buy a nice original car to get them.  That's what I used to do to get trunk mats.  Find nice original cars (coupes) and buy them for the mat.

Scott
[/quote]He has his original trunk mat for the car. I am not aware of the plugs though. He wants me to come see all the parts he got to Carlisle, at Carlisle and on the way home from Carlisle(made some stops) for his B9 and Shelby. I cannot imagine how much he spent but it would boggle some minds for sure. He never talks prices over the phone so I'll know how much when I get over to see him. I NEED to get my 69 SCJ Mach1 done for a show in 10 days and the car has not been started in 6 years so I cannot get by his house. Got a list and doing good so far. No parts holding me up-yet. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990