Author Topic: 69 Boss 302 distributor diagram  (Read 2121 times)

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
69 Boss 302 distributor diagram
« on: May 14, 2021, 09:19:08 AM »
I can't find this diagram on line. Is there anyone here that has it and can post it please?

Is there a retaining clip to hold the arm of the vacuum advance on the points plate?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

rockhouse66

• View Profile
Re: 69 Boss 302 distributor diagram
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 11:44:20 AM »
I think you are talking about the ball bearing advance plate that positions the vacuum advance arm underneath the plate rather than on top.  If so, there is no retaining clip.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 12:10:37 PM »
Yes. Correct, that's what I am asking about.  Thanks.

It has already popped off once but I don't see how you could get a c clip on it the way it is designed?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 06:50:34 PM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

rockhouse66

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2021, 08:22:52 AM »
It has already popped off once but I don't see how you could get a c clip on it the way it is designed?

Me either!!  You probably just need to tweak the arm up a little so it is snug against the bottom of the plate when located over the pin.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2021, 09:35:05 AM »
The "problem" seems to be that the vacuum diaphragm turns the arm when it is actuated.

I don't see how that possibly could be since the diaphragm is firmly mounted within the housing and has no rotational capabilities?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

JohnSlack

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2021, 12:56:46 PM »
The "problem" seems to be that the vacuum diaphragm turns the arm when it is actuated.

I don't see how that possibly could be since the diaphragm is firmly mounted within the housing and has no rotational capabilities?

That is what happens when the diaphragm is installed slightly twisted instead of aligned with the pin 90 degrees to the slot.
John

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2021, 02:23:41 PM »
The diaphragm is factory installed in the vacuum housing. The vacuum housing is self aligning to the distributor main body.

The standard single point plate uses a c-clip on the diagram arm stud.

More investigation is required by me. It would seem that I may need to hookup a vacuum pump to test the movement of the vacuum arm internally visually?  ???
68 GT350 Lives Matter!