News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

KR power steering hoses

Started by Jack4159, May 15, 2021, 09:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack4159

I'm ordering new power steering hoses from blue dot specialties and thanks to Pete's Coralsnake website(thank you Pete) it's simple to match up the part numbers there with the part numbers on the blue dot website....... except for hose C8ZA-3A719-A that is. This hose does not have armor and is a different length to the 67 and 69 hose. Blue dot website advises to use C7ZX 3A 719 A for a KR with oil cooler but while this hose does not have armor I think it may be for the small block. Blue dot(by email) advised to use C9ZA 3A 719-A but this is wrong date code and has armor(which this hose for a KR should not).
I may have some of this wrong, any advice or direction on how best to approach this to end up with the most correct outcome is much appreciated, thanks in advance.     

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Jack4159 on May 15, 2021, 09:23:44 AM
I'm ordering new power steering hoses from blue dot specialties and thanks to Pete's Coralsnake website(thank you Pete) it's simple to match up the part numbers there with the part numbers on the blue dot website....... except for hose C8ZA-3A719-A that is. This hose does not have armor and is a different length to the 67 and 69 hose. Blue dot website advises to use C7ZX 3A 719 A for a KR with oil cooler but while this hose does not have armor I think it may be for the small block. Blue dot(by email) advised to use C9ZA 3A 719-A but this is wrong date code and has armor(which this hose for a KR should not).
I may have some of this wrong, any advice or direction on how best to approach this to end up with the most correct outcome is much appreciated, thanks in advance.   
The 68 upper pressure hose did not come with the armor wrap from the factory. The 67 upper pressure hose is the longest then 68 and then 69 however Blue dot made the 67 and 68 hoses the same 68 length  for less inventory I guess. I provided samples back when. The 68 hose they sell is what you want if you buy from them and not NOS and want what the factory provided.There must be a typo on their website because the C7ZX is for the small block and not for GT500 or KR with oil cooler.  You want the C7ZA 3A719 B 67-68 390 HIGH PRESSURE FROM PUMP .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Jack4159

Perfect, exactly what I needed, thanks for the help Bob much appreciated!

Special Ed

Early 69 big blocks still use the c8za upper pump pressure hose and the 68 pump pulley. Late in 68 the 69  big blocks use a bigger pump pulley and longer belt (c9oe) and use the c9za upper pump pressure hose with the metal spiral wrap.  The main difference between c8 and c9  upper pump pressure hose is the added metal wrap changed the # to c9za.